It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2008, 06:28 PM   #1
(female)

barb6666 HB User
douching with apple cider vinegar

douching with apple cider vinegar is it healthy? There are so many beliefs! I have candida - constant bladder infections. Dr has had me on antibiotics for over a year and I'm back at square one today!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-08-2008, 08:17 PM   #2
(female)

gwoman HB User
Wink Re: douching with apple cider vinegar

I have heard that was good to do, I have only bought the pre-packaged kind at the supermarket and it was just for freshness and not for candida. I just went to a local health food store and purchased some stuff to take care of what I believe might be candida. The gal there said that she has heard about douching with a solution of yogurt and water. We didn't discuss portion amounts of each, but I believe I am going to try this and she said specifically to get a good brand, plain with absolutely no added sugar. I am going to do 50/50 of yogurt and water. I also bought some suppositories for this and some Candex capsuls. I will start this tonight. I am sorry that you have been dealing with this for such a long time. I will keep you posted on my progress, especially if I get any better...G

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-09-2008, 09:22 AM   #3
(female)

barb6666 HB User
Re: douching with apple cider vinegar

Thanks for sharing! I did douch with organic unfiltered apple cider vinegar last night and an adding it to my water once a day ( a small amount taste great in warm water!). I did read about yougart, never tried it though!

Old 08-09-2008, 09:31 PM   #4
(female)

beaniegirl HB User

i've read that garlic suppositories (as well as vaginal suppositories) help with candida. also-- have you tried a gluten-free diet? a few years ago, this would probably be impossibly difficult to maintain, but there are so many specialty food stores and products online that provide a various array of food selections for gluten-free consumers. i was gluten-free for about six months when i had a bacterial infection that caused a rash on my skin. i took absolutely no medication. i would rub the site with apple cider vinegar and maintain my gluten-free diet and it cleared up on its own.

keep in mind that yogurt is a wonderful option due to the active cultures. you need to try to obtain regular pro-biotics, as antibiotics will exacerbate your problem.

~ bg

Last edited by beaniegirl; 08-09-2008 at 09:33 PM.

Old 08-10-2008, 01:10 AM   #5
(female)

barb6666 HB User

I've been on antibiotics for over a year now and no better off....I do take probiotics to off set the antibiotics but do realize it is time to change!!! Never heard of garlic supositories!!
Not sure how that would smell?! I have changed my diet and added apple cidar vinigar to my routine just in the past few days and I seem to feel better?! No antibiotics!!!!
Thanks for your response~

Old 08-11-2008, 10:37 AM   #6
(female)

gwoman HB User

Hello all ~ I am very pleased to be feeling better. I bought Bio-k, it has 50 billion friendly bacteria in every 3.5 oz bottle, it tastes like buttermilk, and it is one of those things that tastes better with each serving, especially as I tell myself that it is so good for me. I found that even organic, plain yogurt has some sugar in it. I am eating my yogurt, taking the Bio-K, I dice up fresh garlic and drink it in water, I am douching with yogurt (I use a syringe, about 2 Tbsp, undiluted) and smear some on 'down there'. I have been dealing with this for only 1 & 1/2 months and I believe I am on the road to recovery. I am looking into 'food grade hydrogen peroxide' (FG H202), which a lot of people have said that they have benefitted from. When I put the yogurt on down there it is very soothing and has given me immediate relief, I am very thankful that someone posted about it and even smears it on a pad and wears it. This is a wonderful sight, with caring people who are trying things and sharing results and insights. I am so thankful I have a place to come to. Have a great day

Old 08-13-2008, 10:09 AM   #7
(female)

barb6666 HB User

What kind of store carries the Bio-k? So glad to hear you are feeling better! Keep me posted!!

Old 08-14-2008, 11:04 AM   #8
(female)

gwoman HB User

I bought my Bio-k at the health food store, in a cooler section with the other Probiotic stuff. They have flavored ones, but that adds sugar. Let me know how that goes for you, I have gotten a lot better. Hope you all have a good day.

Closed Thread