It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-22-2008, 06:50 AM   #1
(female)

scared2def HB User
why haven't i gotten my period if the pregnancy test said negative?!

I had my period during the month of july (around the week of 4th of july) and I had sex with my boyfriend around the 17th of july. I missed my monthly period for the month of august because I was expecting my period to come around the beginning of the month. Thing is, I didn't get my period. So I waited another week, and still nothing! And then I waited for another week to see if my period would come, but it still didn't come! I had very little little pink and lt. brown spotting with some clear discharge maybe for one day for those two weeks. So I got scared and started doing some research on the internet to see if I had any signs of pregnancy. I took a pregnancy test at home and it came out to be negative. So here I am on week 3 of the month of august and still no sign of my period! Some sites said that it could be do to stress that could be delaying my period but now I don't know what to think =( please help!

Old 08-22-2008, 06:53 AM   #2
Veteran

Mod08 HB UserMod08 HB UserMod08 HB User
Re: why haven't i gotten my period if the pregnancy test said negative?!

Your thread has been relocated to the proper board. The pregnancy board is only for those women who have a confirmed pregnancy. Until then, please feel free to use the Women's Health Message Board and TTC Board.

Thank you.
Mod 08

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-22-2008, 06:29 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

mary09 HB Usermary09 HB Usermary09 HB User

Hi there,
I would try taking another home pregnancy test. If your period is late, it will be very accurate as long as you use it properly. If it still says negative, then there has to be another explanation, ie stress.......
If you are really concerned, please see your doctor...
Judging by your name, I hope it turns out to be negative for you if thats what you want....
Best of luck,
Carsam

Old 08-23-2008, 05:52 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

glamour girl HB User

With the dates you gave here. Looks like you would've been ovulating around the 17-19July. I'm no doctor but normally that would be the time to fall pregnant. If you test came out negative and you have re done it again. Gee i would've probaly done it too.
I'd be getting a blood test through a doctor. that the best acurate test you can get.
Stress is a huge factor here too.
Good luck i hope the results are in your favour. keep us posted..

Closed Thread