It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-23-2008, 09:40 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kari7171 HB User
Can yeast infection make you feel like you have to pee constantly?

I'm dealing with what seems to be a yeast infection. I have white thick discharge burning in vulva and vaginal area but I also feel like I have to pee all of the time. I have a doctors appointment with my gyno in about a week they couldn't get me in any sooner. My doctor did prescribe diflucan a couple days ago and I'm just waiting and hoping it starts working. I've also used monistat 7 and it got rid of the burning but as soon as I stop using it the burning comes back in a couple days. I'm just wondering if a yeast infection can make you feel like you have to pee constantly.

Old 08-25-2008, 06:49 AM   #2
(female)

DJOPITZ HB User
Re: Can yeast infection make you feel like you have to pee constantly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kari7171 View Post
I'm dealing with what seems to be a yeast infection. I have white thick discharge burning in vulva and vaginal area but I also feel like I have to pee all of the time. I have a doctors appointment with my gyno in about a week they couldn't get me in any sooner. My doctor did prescribe diflucan a couple days ago and I'm just waiting and hoping it starts working. I've also used monistat 7 and it got rid of the burning but as soon as I stop using it the burning comes back in a couple days. I'm just wondering if a yeast infection can make you feel like you have to pee constantly.
Hi there,
I stumbled on your post while researching the exact same thing! I went to the doctor yesterday to rule out UTI/STD's and apparently I have a yeast infection as well, and I have been having similar spells of constant peeing, especially if I lay down to take a nap...like every five minutes I'll to get up to pee. It'll subside eventually but it seems to come in waves. I also got prescribed diflucan and just took it yesterday so I haven't felt much of an effect yet either...I'm not sure how fast it is supposed to work? But I guess this can be a side effect of a yeast infection...not sure what we can do about it though? I've been drinking alot of water to try and flush the bad bacteria out...let me know if your diflucan worked or you found out anything else about this!
Ingrid :-)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-25-2008, 12:17 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kari7171 HB User

Mine is starting to improve but not completely. It's still itching and burning some but not as bad as it was. The nurse at my doctors office said if it doesn't feel better in 5 days after taking the diflucan to come in. She had me make the appointment to come in when I talked to her though since they have been so busy. So my appointment is a week from tomorrow and if I'm still having symptoms then I'll for sure go in. I'm still feeling like I have to pee all of the time. It is driving me crazy. I think I'll go in to the doctors office no matter what just so they can test me for a UTI or a bacterial infection. I had a hysterectomy 5 months ago so I want to make sure everything is OK with that.

When they test you for the UTI did you have to hold your urine ahead of time? Seems like an odd question but I bought one of those AZO tests and it says my urine has to be in my bladder for 4 hours or the test would not be accurate. I only made it 3 hours. Which was really difficult since I feel like I have to go every 5 minutes like you.

Last edited by Kari7171; 08-25-2008 at 12:21 PM.

Old 08-25-2008, 09:49 PM   #4
(female)

ashley1791 HB User

You poor thing. It sounds like a urinary tract infection. I had one earlier this year. They're veryyy painful and annoying. I felt the same way you did. My bladder felt like it was going to explode when I didn't even have to pee. My doctor just put me on antibiotics and told me to drink a lot. It was gone before I knew it. Good luck and feel better!

Old 08-26-2008, 04:01 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kari7171 HB User

What's the test for UTI at the doctors office like? Do I need to hold my urine for a certain amount of time before I go in? Those AZO UTI tests say I have to hold it for 4 hours. I'm wondering if the doctors office test is similar.

Old 08-27-2008, 09:10 PM   #6
(female)

ashley1791 HB User

I went to see my doctor.. he asked what I was feeling blah blah. All I had to do was give a pee sample while I was there. I didn't have to hold it or anything. He gave me antibiotics to make it go away faster. It really is a quick thing to relieve.. don't put yourself under more stress than you need to. I was so thankful when it was gone.. you will be too. (:

Old 08-27-2008, 10:39 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kari7171 HB User

I have to wait until Friday to find out about the UTI test. She said I had 1 white blood cell and 4 red blood cells and that seemed low that normally there is at least 10 red blood cells if there is an infection but she is sending it to be cultured. Then the yeast and bacterial swab test showed nothing wrong. She did say I have a discharge like a yeast infection so she gave me a couple more diflucan so I took another one today. Then she said if I'm not doing better by next week to keep my appointment with my gyno.

Old 08-29-2008, 02:14 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kari7171 HB User

Well they called me and I do not have a bladder infection. I hope it's just the yeast infection causing this feeling. I wonder if Diflucan can cause this as a side effect. The other thing is my back. I was at physical therapy today because of a back injury I had surgery for a few months ago. She was saying that a pinched nerve can cause the feeling of having to urinate all of the time. There are also physical therapy exercises they can do. She'd have to refer me to a place that specializes in that. So the plan is to go to my gyno next week and tell him all of my symptoms and run some tests. My hysterectomy 5 months ago could be the culprit also. Then if they find nothing wrong I'll go to my back surgeon and have them do a MRI to see if I still have a pinched nerve and if that's causing symptoms.

Old 10-18-2008, 12:04 PM   #9
(female)

bluebird1958 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kari7171 View Post
What's the test for UTI at the doctors office like? Do I need to hold my urine for a certain amount of time before I go in? Those AZO UTI tests say I have to hold it for 4 hours. I'm wondering if the doctors office test is similar.
I HAVE HAD ALOT OF UTI'S AND I HAVE NEVER BEEN TOLD TO HOLD MY URINE IN. THEY WILL JUST HAVE TO URINATE INTO A CUP AND TEST IT.

Old 10-18-2008, 12:09 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kari7171 HB User

Well turns out it was a yeast infection. My doctor gave me a few diflucan and that got rid of it. My urthrea must have been irritated from the yeast and so I felt like I had to pee all of the time.

Closed Thread