It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2008, 07:27 AM   #1
(female)

timetoreclaim HB User
Suggestions for gentle soap for irritation?

For the last few months I have had external female irritation. A little bit sore and a little bit itchy. Mostly a feeling of the natural moisture not being there. It's not a BV or Yeast type feeling really. And now any soap I try makes it worse. After I shower I feel like my skin is stripped of natural moisture and it is really uncomfortable. It feels like my natural ph is off or something. I'd prefer not go to the Dr. because both I see are male and honestly I don't have confidence in them with this issue.

Does anyone go through this and what do they do? Any suggestions for something gentle to use to cleanse with?

Old 09-05-2008, 07:37 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

skyy11 HB User
Re: Suggestions for gentle soap for irritation?

Hi!

My Dr., who is female, suggests a mild non-soap to clean w/. such as Dove or a natural one like Tom's of Maine. And after you shower, just pat dry not to remove all the moisture down there. You should not be completely dry.

There are also sensitive skin formula's like Summer's Eve which I have tried with no problems. Also rinse really well- I like the removable sprayer shower heads because you can rinse the vulva area much better. And make sure the water temp. is warm to cool.

I hope this helps out.

Sincerely,
skyy11

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-05-2008, 08:08 AM   #3
(female)

timetoreclaim HB User

Thanks, I am going to go shopping today to find something that might be less irritating.

Old 09-05-2008, 10:57 AM   #4
(female)

cme10ae HB User

I've had terrible skin allergies this year and have found the Aveeno unscented baby wash to be excellent.

Old 09-05-2008, 04:32 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

LauraLu HB UserLauraLu HB User

When I was pregnant with my daughter, I had awful irritation. I actually switched to Ivory soap in the bar form and just used plain water around my vaginal area. I read that it's not good to get soap near that area if it's too irritated. Hope that helps!

Old 09-07-2008, 05:09 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User

No soap. The female genitalia do not require any soap at all, ever, only rinsing with lukewarm water.

For the rest of me, I like Dove unscented.

Closed Thread