It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2008, 06:33 AM   #1
(female)

Vicki 51 HB User
thickening of the endometrium

thickening of the endometrium - my doctor says my uterine lining is at 17mm and should be at 10mm. I bled for 30 days and am anemic. I am 51 years old and feel I am approaching menopause. Before this long, heavy period, I had not had a period for 3 months. I had a sonogram and was told I had an abnormal uterine lining and she wants to run more tests. I just want to go through the change of life normally, not a lot of useless tests. I am taking iron twice a day, but still feel tired and began spotting again just yesterday. What do you think?

Old 09-06-2008, 06:29 PM   #2
(female)

lynn1961 HB User
Re: thickening of the endometrium

Hi Vicki.....

I was told the same thing as you. I am 47. I was bleeding for 1 1/2 months. So, I went to the gyno doctor and she did a biopsy right then and a pap. She ordered blood work to check tyroid and hormones. All came back ok. Also did an ultrsound <pelvic and vaginal> that showed fibroids and the thickened lining. At the follow up appt. I asked how thick is too thick and she just said mine was 2 times as thick as it should be? So.....I am scheduled to have an ablation done on sept. 23. I do have 2 fibroids in my uterus but she doesnt feel that this is causing the bleeding and the endometrial lining to be too thick. She says many times women have uterine polyp's that can cause this. She is going to do a hysterscopy<sp?> as well and said if anything looks abnormal they will biopsy right then. Not only am I going through this female stuff, I am going through a rough time with a back issue UGHHHHH Feel like I will never be normal again. The bleeding started again for me today. Sick of all this mess!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-07-2008, 12:18 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

neffie663 HB User

an ablation might be a good idea for them to burn the linning mine was also thick i had an ablation and have minimal bleeding now

Old 09-26-2008, 09:41 PM   #4
(female)

Lubie HB User

Hi all ! After searching all day n night i came across this health message board and it has been a real blessing ! thanks. i am 53 and have always had normal periods and then in august i had bleeding for 8 days ..then a week later i started bleeding again for 6 days. went to doc and all my tests came out fine..she said i am not even near menopause..i have had fibroids for many years ..now the doc wants to do a endo biosy..do you think my bleeding is from the fibroids or what?? this was the first time i have had abnormal bleeding.. have not bled since the first problem of bleeding..i am now on my monthly and it was a 29 day cycle..i am worried it could be cancer? any help would be great and advice.. the doc sais i have thickening of the endo..is having thickening a cause for concern ?? thanks.

Old 09-27-2008, 06:15 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

neffie663 HB User

the thickness is caused from estrogen dominance it can cause heavy period that was the problem with me that is why i had my uterus burned

The Following User Says Thank You to neffie663 For This Useful Post:
melony88 (05-15-2012)
Closed Thread