It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2008, 11:01 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Ashley9045 HB User
I am having a hysteroscopy

I am having a hysteroscopy in a few days and I have no idea what to expect. I have to take 2 pills one before I go to bed and one in the AM when I wake up called Cyotec. They are just going to give me a local the doctor said and look inside of me due to heavy bleeding, an enlarged uterus and many fibroids. I am planning after my procedure to spend the day with my sister shopping. Will I be okay to do this? The doctor made it sound like this is no big deal that I do not even need a ride home from the procedure. Can anyone speak from experience? Thank you.

Mary

Old 09-08-2008, 11:45 PM   #2
(female)

grattenbury HB User
Re: I am having a hysteroscopy

I have just had this done but I had general. As soon as I woke up I felt fine. Just a little bleeding for three days. I am sure you will be fine to go shopping, I could have about two hours later and I was put under. I was really scared but I would not be frightened to have this done again
Gilly

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-09-2008, 07:44 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Ashley9045 HB User

I wonder why they are only giving me a local? Did you have to take the night and morning pill as I do?

Old 09-09-2008, 08:14 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB User

I have had hysteroscopy 3 times in the last 2 years. I did not have to take the Cytotec beforehand and I was put under all 3 times. I'm actually really surprised that they are doing this under local anesthesia because it's not the kind of thing that is done with local? You may want to question them about that?

Are you getting a pregnancy test beforehand? Each time I had it done, I had to do a pregnancy test to make sure I wasn't pregnant first. I know that Cytotec has been used as a pill to induce an abortion in women many years ago. But I'm not sure why they would have you take it if you knew you weren't pregnant? Furthermore, if it causes bleeding, it will be a lot harder for the doctor to see anything through the hysteroscope so it's pointless to even do it then. I got my period the day of the procedure and had to put it off until the following week so she could have a better view through the hysteroscope.

I'm really not sure what to tell you, cause my experience was much different. Since you're having it done under local, I'm not sure whether you'll be up for a shopping trip afterwards. You might have some bad cramping and slightly heavy bleeding. Really not sure though?

Closed Thread