It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2008, 12:17 AM   #1
(female)

krish01 HB User
Missed 2 periods, not pregnant.

I have missed two periods, I have taken 5 pregnancy tests and they are all negative. I am now starting to notice a bit more discharge than usual. It's normal in color, doesn't smell. I am noticing minor cramping but it doesn't feel like period cramps, or it can just be wishful thinking. I don't have health insurance but if this continues I will go to the doctor, I'm just trying to wait it out for now. I'm wondering if maybe the increased discharge and cramping can be from ovulating, I'm hoping, although I never really even notice when I ovulate. Otherwise I don't know what's going on. I have always had a normal cycle and I have not taken any birth control or anything to make it abnormal. Any suggestions? I guess I am concerned that there is something more seriously wrong with my uterus, unless this happens sometimes. I mean if I'm not pregnant that what else could it be?

Last edited by krish01; 09-11-2008 at 12:21 AM.

Old 09-11-2008, 04:40 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: Missed 2 periods, not pregnant.

It is possible to have many negative pregnancy tests even though you are pregnant. Happened to my mom 7.5 months before I was born.

Sometimes women do miss periods for no clear reason, though.

If you are concerned, if what's happening seems abnormal for you, try Planned Parenthood, they provide reproductive health care on a sliding-scale fee thingie.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-11-2008, 10:13 PM   #3
(female)

mayriv8409 HB User
Re: Missed 2 periods, not pregnant.

A few years ago my period stopped for 10 months. At first I assumed it was because I had just stopped taking the pill but then I discovered that I had lost too much weight without noticing and my body didn't have enough fat to menstruate, as weird as that sounds.
I don't know if that's your case, though. It could be some kind of hormonal imbalance. You should go to a doctor to check if you really aren't pregnant and determine what's happening.

Closed Thread