It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2008, 09:35 AM   #1
(female)

Lone Bird HB User
Question Itching downstairs. Can anyone help?

For the last week or so I've found that I'm itching almost constantly around my vagina, clitoris and lips. Everything feels hot and inflamed. As soon as I walk or do anything that causes friction, it starts going mad. The only time I get some relief (though not complete relief) is when I'm sat down/nothing is rubbing against the area.
Wearing sanitary towels has helped a little, but not by much.

For info:

I'm 17 years old, living in the UK, and I've only experienced oral sex. I've attempted penetrative sex before, but it never got very far due to it being too painful for me, so my boyfriend and I stopped. Please note that this was all some months ago. My boyfriend lives abroad, so we only see each other in holiday breaks and it's been a while since our last meeting.

I've noticed nothing unusual in the appearance of the area. Despite the constant itching, nothing looks red or swollen, nor do I experience pain or have any problem peeing.

One oddity I've noticed was last week; my discharge seemed unusually runny to the point where it simply looked like milky water rather than discharge, and a small amount ran down my leg. That was before I suffered any severe itching though, only a mild irritation which I originally assumed was caused by shaving.

The only other difference I've noticed is that last night, I was completely dry down there, and I mean completely dry. I don't think that's normal?

Other than that, nothing unusual has happened and nothing looks strange.
I'm really not sure what this could be. Thrush perhaps? My symptoms don't really match though, at least not what I've read about.

Does anyone know what this is? It's beginning to effect my day-to-day life. My job requires that I walk a lot, and that alone causes enough friction and itching to drive me crazy every few minutes, consequently making it difficult to work. I'm worried that I'm now going to have to call in sick, just because of this.

If anyone has any idea what might be wrong, or has any insight or advice, please help, I'd really appreciate it.

Last edited by Lone Bird; 09-11-2008 at 04:21 PM. Reason: Typo fixed.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-11-2008, 11:01 AM   #2
(female)

haterrr HB User
Re: Itching downstairs. Can anyone help?

it sounds like its either BV or a yeast infection..

i would go to planned parenthood, or your doctor to have them check it out..
you dont want to leave EITHER alone.

Old 09-14-2008, 07:45 AM   #3
(female)

Lone Bird HB User
Re: Itching downstairs. Can anyone help?

Thanks for your reply haterrr. I've done some more research, and I'm now certain it's a yeast infection. I'm going to seek out the right treatment.

Closed Thread