It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2008, 02:06 PM   #1
(female)

angash2 HB User
how do i manage the pain from a burst ovarian cyst

How do I manage the pain from a burst ovarian cyst? This is the second cyst I have had burst in two months, the pain is paralyzing. My doctor has said get rest and keep my feet up, but has not prescribed anything for the pain. Is this commom practice with a burst cyst?

Old 09-12-2008, 12:29 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

estria HB Userestria HB Userestria HB Userestria HB User
Re: how do i manage the pain from a burst ovarian cyst

Hello Angash,

Sorry to hear that you are in pain. Have you tried an ibuprofen ? These are very effective against this type of pain and my gynecologist recommended taking a couple of Advil if I feel the pain from my cyst starting up. The pills tend to control the pain better the earlier they are taken in the pain episode but they are also effective when you already have pain from the cyst. A heating pad over the pelvic area will also help a lot as it will help with blood circulation and muscle relaxation in that region of the pelvis. This last will help with the muscle cramping that often results with the abdomen's sensitivity to the fluid that is released from the cyst.

I hope this helps. Hang in there .. obviously if you keep having these pain episodes every month and you find that you can no longer tolerate them, something more will have to be done. However, try these couple of things first. I find that they work for me during ovulation time when I have the most pain from my cyst (I have an 8 cm fluid filled cyst on my left ovary which causes a lot of pain during ovulation).

Take care.

Estria

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-03-2008, 01:11 AM   #3
(female)

happystaffy HB User
Re: how do i manage the pain from a burst ovarian cyst

Quote:
Originally Posted by angash2 View Post
How do I manage the pain from a burst ovarian cyst? This is the second cyst I have had burst in two months, the pain is paralyzing. My doctor has said get rest and keep my feet up, but has not prescribed anything for the pain. Is this commom practice with a burst cyst?
Hi if you get any answers on this let me know. i feel your pain i have just been released from the emergency room today with my first cyst ruptured, My right ovary(my only ovary) has over 20 cysts inside and outside ranging fom 2cm with the largest one 8 cm, the pain when these cysts rupture is without question the worst i have felt. I have tried the showers, baths, etc and ntohing works so if find something that does please let me know

Closed Thread