It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2008, 09:12 AM   #1
(female)

Vera29 HB User
Cuts in an odd area...

So basically, this is somewhat embarrassing.. But I have a rash, or at least I think it's a rash on my bum. Around my anus it's really red, and sometimes there's dry flaky skin and it's so itchy.. When I first started noticing it, it wasn't too bad. But then I guess it got a bit worse and now it's so itchy all the time.. and it probably doesn't help that I wear a thong pretty much all the time. Pleasee can anyone tell me what it is before I start jumping to the conclusions of some gentile disease.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-12-2008, 09:44 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

AnnD HB UserAnnD HB User
Re: Rash on my Bum...

Well think about when did this rash start?...when you started wearing thongs? It sounds like the thong has created an atmosphere of friction/sweat which caused a rash and with continued wearing of the thong has now developed into a secondary infection. And of course what is that thong laundered in or does it get a really good cleaning? If you are wearing a thong to eliminated a pantie line then just not wearing any underwear is better than a thong that is rubbing on delicate skin. You may now need a couple of things to happen. Stop wearing Thongs for awhile and then you need to wash that area at least twice a day with nice soapy water and rinse and then apply a topical antibiotic that you can buy over the counter. If it doesn't clear up in a week then you may need to go see a doctor for a more aggressive treatment of an oral antibiotic.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-13-2008, 01:15 AM   #3
(female)

Vera29 HB User

Mmm I was doing some research on the internet and I noted some other symptoms people had.. and I realized that while I sit for long periods of time ex) School, and say dinner and movies.. I realized that my body produces sweat so I figure that this rash could be from too much moisture in one area and then like you said wearing a thong just irritates it more. I've had the rash for maybe just over 2.5 weeks.. at the beginning I didn't really notice it, the area was a little irritated but I though nothing of it.. until it became more and more irritated and here I am not really sure about what to do about it. Thank you though for your suggestion I'll probably just do what you said and stop wearing thongs for a while just to keep the irritation to a minimal and then try to keep it nice and clean. Thank you!

Last edited by Vera29; 09-13-2008 at 01:16 AM.

Old 09-13-2008, 06:31 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

AuntieLeela HB UserAuntieLeela HB UserAuntieLeela HB UserAuntieLeela HB User

Sounds like a yeast infection - yes, you can get them there too.

Old 09-13-2008, 10:13 PM   #5
(female)

Vera29 HB User

If its a yeast infection what should i get to treat it? Should I just get a cream and apply it on the infection or should I just keep cleaning it and hope it'll go away?

Old 09-14-2008, 01:34 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

lucylucy HB User

First - Do NOT overwash, and never ever scrub with soap. It will only make it worse, especially if it's due to a yeast infection or a urinary tract infection. Wash the area gently with water, pat dry, and allow some time to air dry the area before getting dressed. If you use wipes, avoid the ones with perfumes or deodorants, and don't scrub with them.

Second - For symptomatic relief, use a small amount of hydrocortisone cream on dry skin. It should clear up the red itch in a couple days, or at least reduce the itching while you're waiting for your doctor's appt. But only use a small amount, and don't use it frequently.

If you're not sure if you have a yeast infection see a doctor to be tested. You should also be tested to see if you have a urinary tract infection. The bacteria from the infection can make you itch in both areas. Both infections are easy to treat (one with a cream, the other with antibiotics).

Change your underwear frequently if you get very sweaty. If it turns out that you have chronic yeast infections, toss out the old thongs or microwave them to avoid reinfecting yourself.

Last edited by lucylucy; 09-14-2008 at 01:37 AM.

Old 09-14-2008, 03:09 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

AuntieLeela HB UserAuntieLeela HB UserAuntieLeela HB UserAuntieLeela HB User

Monistat cream, there are several other brands and cheaper generic versions. In the pharmacy they'll be right next to the internal vaginal treatments.

Oh, and wear cotton undies. Cotton breathes letting sweat and moisture out. Synthetic fibers don't.

Old 09-15-2008, 07:32 PM   #8
(female)

redzy233 HB User

If it's a yeast infection, any vaginal cream works, I recommend Canesten or Monistat, Vagisil is crap though.

For redness on the delicate tissues of the bum (not a yeast infection, just irritation), I would suggest good old baby diaper cream. Take a shower before bed, put a sandwich bag on your hand, squeeze some cream (lots) onto the bag, and gently wipe back and forth, or in small circles. Put clean, full-butt panties on, and go to bed. Shower again in the morning. Put more on then, or wait until the night to do it all again until it's finally gone.

If you don't have full-butt panties, wear pyjama bottoms with no undies at all. It's just to keep the cream from smearing on the sheets as you sleep.

You will feel relief instantly. Remember, if it's made for babies, it's very gentle on your skin.

Take care!

Old 09-15-2008, 08:01 PM   #9
(female)

Vera29 HB User

I'm pretty sure this whole crappy situation is leaning more towards yeast infection haha. I was sitting waiting for the bus and thinking about this whole thing... and I remembered that a while back, maybe around 2 or so months ago I had a burning sensation everytime I had to pee, and it hurt a lot... though I didn't really know what to do so I kinda figured if I ignored it, it would eventually go away and it did after like 3 days. AND before that incident probably another 2 or 3 months I had a burning sensation again when i peed. So I figure this wholeeee thing is result due to a yeast infection... so I bought canesten cream on my way home.

Old 09-23-2008, 11:31 PM   #10
(female)

Vera29 HB User

Mmm so on a different note, the rash on my bum has basically gone away, but I've also noticed that I have these cuts on my skin in a spot that's between my vagina leading to my anus. They really hurt, and I've noticed that it bleeds a little bit after each time my boyfriend and I have sex, not to mention it hurts a lot. Could this just be because my skin is possibly being stretched when I have intercourse, or could this be from another problem? Also, if there is anything that would help heal these cuts it would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Old 09-26-2008, 10:09 AM   #11
(female)

Vera29 HB User
Cuts in an odd area...

Mmm so on a different note, the rash on my bum has basically gone away, but I've also noticed that I have these cuts on my skin in a spot that's between my vagina leading to my anus. They really hurt, and I've noticed that it bleeds a little bit after each time my boyfriend and I have sex, not to mention it hurts a lot. Could this just be because my skin is possibly being stretched when I have intercourse, or could this be from another problem? Also, if there is anything that would help heal these cuts it would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Closed Thread