It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2008, 04:09 PM   #1
(female)

TripleThreat81 HB User
What should i expect after Cystocele and Rectocele repair?

Hi I am a 27 year old Female, and mother of two beautiful children. I am scheduled for cystocele and rectocele repair using apogee and perigee mesh on 9/24/08. I have read all the horror stories. But I need to know what to expect after surgery. I am sooooo nervous (bcause i have never had surgery before), and i have a low tolerance to pain. The doctor also said that i have a hydrosalpinx to my left fallopian tube, which is new to me.i knew i had a pretty good size cyst on my left ovary, but never a hydrosalpinx. Bcause of this hydrosalpinx i cant get the IUD, I am going to have to look into a more permanent Birth Control ie tubal ligitation to my right tube and removal of the left . I am going to talk with him in more depth about this on Monday 9/15/08. The nurse told me that i would be off work about 2 weeks, and will stay at the hospital overnight. Yet i have been reading that the length of time off work is typically 4-6 weeks. One question that i have noticed has been danced around is SEX after the repair, One of my patients stated that her sex life improved 110% after the repair. I am extremely interested to know how post surgery patients rate their intimacy life now that they have had the repair. After having two babies vaginally and ripping with both, i definitely am a little loose down there and would love that area to be alot tighter (revirginized, if that's a word LOL). I would be more than happy to keep ya'll posted has to how things go with me. Thanks and all information is greatly appreciated.

Last edited by TripleThreat81; 09-14-2008 at 07:52 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-26-2008, 11:22 AM   #2
(female)

jo123456789 HB User
Re: What should i expect after Cystocele and Rectocele repair, is sex better?

How did it go? I am having cystocele, rectocele & a hystorectomy the 1st week of Nov. I'm 33 and had 3 giant babies via vaginal birth and things just are not wear I left them down there! I'm anxious to find out about sex, too. Let me know!
Thanks!
Joanna

Last edited by moderator2; 09-26-2008 at 11:46 AM. Reason: posted contact info

Old 09-27-2008, 12:10 PM   #3
(female)

TripleThreat81 HB User
Re: What should i expect after Cystocele and Rectocele repair, is sex better?

Hi Joanna.
This was my first surgery, and i was sooooo nervous. i remember assisting with my transfer to the operating table and that was it. When i came too i was in recovey with a catheter, vaginal packing, and a morphine pump. i did ok the first day. i was so nauseous right afterward, so they gave me a shot of phenergan. i was sore, more so close to my rectum then anywhere else. i felt as though i had just had a baby. The next morning they removed my vaginal packing and catheter, and had me up walking around. but i could not empty my bladder completely. so i am at home with a catheter, until monday. I go in monday and they remove the catheter. I see no visiable swelling of my genitilia. I have not had a BM yet, and am nervous about that. But overall, the surgery was not as bad as i expected. The surgery was expected to be about 2 hours but ended up being 4 hours. I did not have a hydrosalpinx, the dr confirmed that i still had the cyst on my left ovary. He had to remove part of my left ovary, and stated that my left ovary had attached to my intestinal wall. But lets wait til monday, before i speak so surely on these procedures. my abdomen is sore due to the tubal. The dr says i may can have sex in 4 weeks

Last edited by TripleThreat81; 09-27-2008 at 12:11 PM.

Old 09-29-2008, 02:24 PM   #4
(female)

TripleThreat81 HB User
Re: What should i expect after Cystocele and Rectocele repair?

Ok, the catheter has been removed, and i feel so much better!! It was as if the catheter itself was draggin me down. I also had my first bm and i have to say it was quite different, the bulge was gone, an my push was different (if that makes since). i am still sore, and occassionally i get a pinched feeling in my right buttock. But all is good, thus far and i am only 5 days post op. Since the catheter has been removed, i am able to see "down there" using a mirror. I must say my vaginal opening appears smaller. my other half says that he use to be able to see right in my vagina, just by my lying down with my legs spread. i had him look, and he agrees that its definitely smaller now.

Last edited by TripleThreat81; 09-29-2008 at 02:25 PM.

Old 09-29-2008, 06:50 PM   #5
(female)

jo123456789 HB User

It seems that you are healing well and things are going according to plan! That makes me feel a lot better about my recovery.

How is your energy level? Are you up and around or feeling like you want to stay in bed all day? On pain mesds or is the discomfort manageable? Appetite?

My mom-in-law is coming to stay for 2 weeks to help with the kids and the house (she's an RN so that will be a bonus). Then my husband will take off the next 2 weeks. I'm trying to get another family member to cover the last week or two. I have a 5 month old baby which obviously will need to be picked up and carried so I'm trying to make sure I always have someone available. I really want to be careful and not overdo it at all. I do NOT want to have to do this again if at all possible!

Keep us posted on your recovery! I wish you all the best!

Old 10-01-2008, 01:33 PM   #6
(female)

TripleThreat81 HB User

I had a set back, i was feeling so good, that i went "overboard". I started cleaning and stooping, and lifting. That night i really paid for it. Today i can say i am feeling better. my energy level is ok, i have the urge to do things i am not quite ready to do yet. as for my pain meds, i may take two daily. the dr stated that i should not try to suffer through discomfort, and to take my meds before the pain hits bad. Honestly, my appetite has not come back completely yet, (which may be a good thing, since i had started dieting prior to surgery). it's like i have a taste for something, but once i get it, i only take a couple of bites, then im done. My family is totally shocked on how well i am doing, since i am the one in the family that has a zero pain tolerance.

Its good that you have family to help with lifting your 5 month old bundle of joy. The nurse told me that she would not even lift anything as heavy as a gallon of milk.

Last edited by TripleThreat81; 10-01-2008 at 01:37 PM.

Old 10-06-2008, 03:47 PM   #7
(female)

TripleThreat81 HB User

Welcome Peters0323. Thanks for the reply. I go to the dr on tomorrow. Hopeful that he will release me back to work. this makes the 3rd day that i have not taken any pain meds. I feel so much better, but occasionally i do still have a sharp pinch in my right butt cheek and vaginal area. You are absolutely correct, its as if you have to retrain your muscles again in order to have a bm. ill let ya know, what he tells me tomorrow. Wish me luck, and Good luck with your recovery as well! :0)

Last edited by TripleThreat81; 10-06-2008 at 03:48 PM.

Old 11-25-2008, 10:30 AM   #8
(female)

Vera68 HB User

I had a cystocele and rectocele repair 40 days ago and I still leak when I cough. Is that normal?

Closed Thread