It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-16-2008, 09:00 PM   #1
(female)

pleaseread HB User
Question Why am I spotting? Could I be pregnant or is something else going on??

My boyfriend and I have unprotected sex all the time, however he pulls out most of the time. I just had an annual exam at the gyne on the 8th of this month. Later that night, I noticed pink spotting when I wiped after going to the bathroom. I never spotted before after a pap smear, so I was concerned and read online that it is fairly common and nothing to worry about. The spotting stopped the very next day.
My boyfriend did not pull out when we had sex on the 12th and 13th of this month. Last night and today I noticed pink spotting again, but only when I wipe. My last period began on August 31st, so it is too early for my period to be starting.
Could I be pregnant or spotting for another reason? I did not spot with my first child at all.
Thanks for any answers!

Last edited by pleaseread; 12-09-2008 at 12:19 AM. Reason: delete

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-22-2008, 08:21 AM   #2
(female)

pleaseread HB User
Exclamation Re: Why am I spotting? Could I be pregnant or is something else going on??

Anyone? Ever experience this?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-22-2008, 07:45 PM   #3
(female)

beaniegirl HB User
Re: Why am I spotting? Could I be pregnant or is something else going on??

the spotting that usually occurs after implantation usually doesn't start until 10-12 days after conception, so i doubt that is why you are spotting. the vagina is pretty delicate and just because you don't bleed on one pap smear doesn't mean you won't bleed on any. i would wait to see if your period is late and then take a test. i'm pretty sure your spotting is from your gyno visit, but if you're not ready for kids, you should maybe try having protected sex. going unprotected, whether he pulls out or not, is just way too risky.

Closed Thread