It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-17-2008, 06:28 PM   #1
(female)

beachbum916 HB User
bad bruising

I have always bruised easily, but it is getting really bad, it looks like I was in a car accident, they are huge and all up and down my arms and legs. I'm also noticing blood a lot more blood in my stool. I have been taking Iron to try to help but it doesn't seem to be, I don't know what else to do...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-17-2008, 09:33 PM   #2
(female)

darkwater HB User
Re: bad bruising

Please, if you have not had one already, go have an examination and get some lab work done at the doctor. You could have something serious that needs medical attention. To me, it sounds like some kind of autoimmune or vascular problem. I had been noticing bruises on myself when I knew that I had not done anything or bumped anything to make that bruise happen. I also had started seeing blood in my stool. You will have to have a colonoscopy for blood in the stool, there is simply no other way to rule out cancer or other diseases for sure unless they go in and have a look. But once that is ruled out, there are other reasons why you could have blood in your stool. I have lupus and it took having blood in my stool, along with all the bruises and other skin symptoms for me to finally go have some lab work done to find out what I had. It could be something like Chrohn's disease or even as simple as hemorroids, but please get it all checked out.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-17-2008, 09:37 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

AnnD HB UserAnnD HB User
Re: bad bruising

Bruising and blood in the stool are two separate issues. If you haven't seen a doctor then you need to go asap.

Closed Thread