It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-18-2008, 04:22 PM   #1
(female)

SamanthaNichole HB User
Can you get pregnant while on your period?

Okay, Can you get pregnant on your period?

another?

i was on the shot.. but i got off.. how many days after the day you were supossed to get your next shot are you likely to get pregnant?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-18-2008, 09:12 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

WhiskersOnKittens HB User
Re: Can you get pregnant while on your period?

I'm not a doctor, but I would say that the chances of getting pregnant while on your period is EXTREMELY slim, if not impossible. You need to ovulate, and the egg needs to be fertilized at the time of ovulation in order to be pregnant, and I don't think that's possible while your uterus is shedding all of it's lining (which is what your period is). Somebody correct me if I'm wrong!
As far as getting pregnant after you get off the shot, unless you have regular period to track your cycle, you wouldn't know when you're ovulating (even with a period, you don't know for sure without rigorously tracking your cycle), which means you won't know when an egg can be fertilized and implant. So, that could essensially happen at any time after you stop the shot.
If you're not up to date with your birth control, there's a risk of pregnancy, even if you haven't had a period yet.

Whiskers
Our newest bundle, Brody Anderson! - February 09'

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread