It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2008, 08:57 PM   #76
(female)

kb01 HB User
Re: Glabrata yeast

I would be interested in finding a doctor in southern CA too. I have posted once or twice before (very little succuses w/ RX drugs) and have had some success with apple cider vinegar tablets or organic apple cider vinegar (very hard for me to drink so i now take the tablets). After taking antibiotics and getting this never ending yeast infection it seems like Ive since had a very slight discharge...could be mistaken for normal (but nothing like full blown yeast infection discharge) One doctor told me it was normal, but I dont remember it prior to the irritation and itching. Anyway, the good news is that I have been drinking 1-2 cups of organic aloe vera juice (whole leaf) and this seems to be helping a considerable amount. Relatively no discharge (only if I eat high carb or sugar) And I've been feeling MUCH better...not normal but better. Anyway just wanted to relay to those that feel that this is an intestinal issue (i do) the apple cider vinegar and aloe vera juice balance the PH and inhibit the yeast invironment. As long as I can stick to my "diet" )no sugar, flour, etc. Hopefully this will go away for good and I can finally be normal again. I also currently take high potency biotin, GSE, Allimax (alliicin), 1-2 cloves garlic daily or ever other day (chopped and swallowed) -not sure if any of these are working...i just realized that seems like a lot. Ive been dealing with this for almost 3 years and cant wait for it to be over.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-04-2008, 04:25 AM   #77
(female)

stacy918 HB User

dear vv sufferer in california....the dr name I consulted with in california is Dr. Marjorie Crandall.
I also did not have symptoms this month. I am cautiously optimistic. I have also been following the diet and did 2 liver flushes.
I want to do another liver flush but I have a cold right now so it has to wait.
Alexis, see a nautropath or nutritionist!! Got my period today, no burning before my period...first time in months...so I am CAUTIOUSLY optimistic.

Old 12-04-2008, 04:26 AM   #78
(female)

stacy918 HB User

coconut oil helps a lot too. extra virgin. Include it in your diet.

Old 12-24-2008, 06:42 AM   #79
(female)

alexis1234 HB User

Misty,

I hope you are still doing great.

I have a question on the grapefruit seed extract. How do you use the liquid? How many drops do you use in a glass of water? Want to try this out.

Alexis

Quote:
Originally Posted by misty073 View Post
I am still combining the diet with the grapefruit seed extract. It takes a while to get rid of it out of your system and my natural path said that hormones will affect it, that is why it came back when I had my period last month...but I am hoping that this month I have been working at it longer so it wont come back. But even so, this is the longest that I have been symptom free and so it seems like I am finally on the right track...if it comes back during my period I will just keep doing what I am doing and see what happens next month when I get my period...eventually it will be gone.

Old 02-08-2009, 06:46 PM   #80
(female)

TosinMA HB User

Hi,

I believe I may be a glabrata sufferer as well. I was treated with many antibiotics (an IV) for a suspected chalmydial infection this past summer. To another doctor I go to, (my main OBGYN - a different OBGYN diagnosed the chlamydia) he tells me he never thought I had it and that the other doc was just making up my diagnosis. SO, I went to ANOTHER doc, in Manhattan who specializes in vaginitis, after my antibiotic therapy, and he tells me, I have yeast glabrata and perscribed me nystatin vaginal suppositories. They didn't really help much, my symptoms are still here.

SO, I have a few questions. How can you get tested for glabrata overgrowth in your stomach? What have you all tried that was most successful? So far I have read that garlic, grape seed extract, and a few other medications seem to have worked...what has worked best? I have tried diflucan, hasn't really worked at all either.

I have burning symptoms, with very little discharge. I do not have any STDs or bacterial infections because I was tested extensively for all of that stuff with expensive tissue cultures from my cervix and uterus wall. all negative. My hormones and thyroids are all in check, and I don't have diabetes. SO, I feel now that the glabrata is causing my discomfort.

Any suggestions or input would be a HUGE help!

Old 02-08-2009, 10:51 PM   #81
(female)

glabyes HB User

Hi Angel,

Sorry to hear about your suffering. I tried diflucan 400mg for two weeks still did not do anything (2007). I am currently on six months course of one pill per month 150 mg. So far has not seen any changes with itching, there is no burning. Boric acid has stopped the discharge (minute amount) but I still have itching on vulva really bad and pratically all over my body.

I consulted with Dr. Crandall and she suggested I get tested for candida allergy. So I am currently trying to see if an allergist can test for it. I had my condition for many many years.

Can you tell me if your expereincing itching all over your body and your skin feels sticky?

It would help if anyone can post name of doctors who know how to treat vulva itching that has nothing to do with vulvadynia (because I dont have this vulvadynia). This was caused by contact.

Closed Thread