It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-22-2008, 03:54 PM   #1
(female)

timetoreclaim HB User
Bacterial Vaginosis AND Yeast Question.

I've got a quick question. I was dx'ed with BV and am currently on Metro-gel. Have been using it since Saturday night. This afternoon I am having increased burning presently. Last time I had to use this med, 2005 I had increased burning after a couple days and developed a rip roaring yeast infection so bad I could not stand the feel of my own skin.

Anyway I tried to tell the Dr. I was worried about getting yeast from the meds but she wouldn't hear of it and said that you don't get yeast from using metro-gel. Um yeah, if she'd looked at my records she'd have seen my return visit and dx of yeast RIGHT after the BV treatment. So anyway I am wondering if anyone here has used both the metro gel and the otc Yeast cream same time to combat both? I thought one at night for the BV and one in the morn for the yeast.

Old 10-01-2008, 07:06 AM   #2
(female)

Chrystal34 HB User
Re: Bacterial Vaginosis AND Yeast Question.

I have been wondering the same thing. I was diagnosed with BV, just finished my week of the Flagyl pill and have developed, "yeast buds" as the dr. called it, as well as I need a 7 day treatment for more BV, only this time she prescribed the metro gel. I have taken so many antibiotics lately, I have not taken the Diflucan she gave me yet for the yeast and not sure I want too. I thought I would do the week of metrogel then a week of Monistat? How are you coming along with yours? Did you try both?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-01-2008, 07:32 AM   #3
(female)

timetoreclaim HB User

I'm a mess. I waited till I was done with the metrogel. I tried one day of the OTC miconozole and it flared up burning bad. I've gone back to the DR. twice and he won't do a thing. He told me to try sitz baths then to try gynolotromine cream. He won't culture it because his logic seems to be it didn't culture positive for yeast when they found the BV initially and the BV should be gone with the metrogel. So I'm left to be miserable and play guessing games. I tried a rePHresh vinegar douche last night and I am really itchy today. It's water, vinegar and benzoic acid so I wouldn't have thought the itching would be worse. Pain is still there and dry feeling that won't go away. I don't know what to do any more.

Old 10-01-2008, 03:35 PM   #4
(female)

Chrystal34 HB User

I am sorry to hear you are a mess. Sounds like you and me are going through the same thing at the same time. I start my metrogel tonight, gonna do that the 7 days, skip a night, then do a 7 night of Monistat. I just hope the yeast doesn't take a strong super hold in a week. I am assuming when she said buds she means the beginnings of a yeast infection? I been eating a yogurt everyday in the meantime. I have read so many bad things about the Diflucan I really don't wanna go that route. Keep me posted on how you are and any answers you come across.

Closed Thread