It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-22-2008, 07:55 PM   #1
(female)

nottellinnebody HB User
Too much discharge?

Is it normal to have to wear a panty liner every single day or else my underwear gets wet and stained a yellowish color? I'm not talking about menstrual discharge, I'm talking about every day discharge where the vagina cleans it's self.

My underwear doesn't get soaking wet or anything but there's a definite wet spot there if I don't wear a liner. And I know this is gross but sometimes it's thick, sometimes there's a clear gelatinous discharge with the regular discharge and it's always a light yellowish color.

It's been happening ever since I hit puberty, age 12ish. I'm in my 20's now. I have polycystic ovarian syndrome so it's being controlled with meds. I've had a couple of yeast infections before but they were treated with meds and the discharge is always the same. I don't feel any discomfort or pain down there.

I have been to a gynecologist for a check up but they didn't notice anything wrong.

I really don't want to have to get another exam.

Last edited by nottellinnebody; 09-22-2008 at 07:55 PM.

Old 09-24-2008, 10:46 PM   #2
(female)

heidijena HB User
Re: Too much discharge?

Hi there,
My experience with the same concern led me to try a couple dietary changes, which helped. I increased my water intake by a LOT! I'm talking about half a gallon to a gallon a day. I also added more citrus and started using soy in my mochas, lattes, coffee etc...not replacing all dairy but its about half and half now. The discharge is no longer an issue, but I also believe age is a factor. As I get older the stranger my body gets, just less severe.

Good Luck,
Heidi

Quote:
Originally Posted by nottellinnebody View Post
Is it normal to have to wear a panty liner every single day or else my underwear gets wet and stained a yellowish color? I'm not talking about menstrual discharge, I'm talking about every day discharge where the vagina cleans it's self.

My underwear doesn't get soaking wet or anything but there's a definite wet spot there if I don't wear a liner. And I know this is gross but sometimes it's thick, sometimes there's a clear gelatinous discharge with the regular discharge and it's always a light yellowish color.

It's been happening ever since I hit puberty, age 12ish. I'm in my 20's now. I have polycystic ovarian syndrome so it's being controlled with meds. I've had a couple of yeast infections before but they were treated with meds and the discharge is always the same. I don't feel any discomfort or pain down there.

I have been to a gynecologist for a check up but they didn't notice anything wrong.

I really don't want to have to get another exam.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-25-2008, 07:50 PM   #3
(female)

nottellinnebody HB User

But I already drink a lot of water and not too much dairy

Old 09-26-2008, 08:00 AM   #4
(female)

heidijena HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nottellinnebody View Post
But I already drink a lot of water and not too much dairy

I don't think that much discharge is normal, otherwise the market would be filled with daily use products intended for exactly that purpose. I don't have much faith in gynos, so be sure to keep researching. I have a book on natural remedies at someone elses house, so I will continue to look on-line for ideas for you.

Glad you are up on the water. Its amazing how much it effects our health. Good luck, I will keep an eye out for suggestions.

Old 09-28-2008, 04:40 PM   #5
(female)

nottellinnebody HB User

Thank you. I really appreciate it.

Old 09-28-2008, 08:21 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB User

You should also read a book called "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" because there's info in there regarding cervical mucous and it explains why certain times of the month, we have more discharge than others. It has to do with ovulation. It's a great book, you'll learn a lot, you should definitely buy it.

Closed Thread