It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-24-2008, 06:35 AM   #1
(female)

missimomy HB User
Skin Tags

I have had this skin tag since I was pregnant and I ask my doctor on my follow up after I gave birth to my daughter, she said not to worry, if it bothers you you can have it removed, it was too pricy at the time. My doctor had left the Drs office that I was going to so I went back to the one I was going to before I got pregnant, I ask my doctor there, and she said it was from shaving, I could have it lazored off no big deal, still too pricy. I started going back to my original dr office (the one when pregnant) I have been going their since 2001, last yr I ask my doctor about it and she said if it bothers you you can have it removed because it is in my upper right pubic area, she did not seem too concerned! I could not afford to have it removed. At the time it was only one small flap of skin, this summer I started shaving a little more than usual and now the one has turned into 3, my doctor left and I have the doctor that took her place, she seemed worried when I went in for my annual. She mentioned it could be skin tags, but was concerned that it could be something els. Can skin tags grow together, like a cluster?

Old 09-24-2008, 03:04 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

neffie663 HB User
Re: Skin Tags

this sounds like genital warts but i dont know if it would grow there they usually grow around the inner parts

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-24-2008, 08:28 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB User
Re: Skin Tags

There's a little trick to removing skin tags on your own, if that's what it is. You tie a piece of thread around it as tightly as you can and just leave it there. Eventually it will fall off on its own. I've gotten rid of about 3 skin tags that way. I also had to get one cut off by the dermatologist, but you're right, it's pretty expensive. And I had okay insurance at the time!

If you're sure they are skin tags, you should try it. Just take the kind of thread you use for sewing and tie it around the skin tag as tight as you can stand it, and leave it there. Depending on how big it is, it should fall off in just a few days.

Closed Thread