It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-30-2008, 11:26 PM   #1
(female)

themeepinator HB User
Lump on back wall of uterus - confused and scared

I'm a teen girl who's never really had any health problems to speak of, other than a little scoliosis issue in 8th grade that seems to have streightened itself out. I just recently started having sex with my boyfriend a few weeks ago and started Birth Control about five days ago.
I can feel a little lump way at the back end of my uterus. It's about three quarters of an inch across and feels pretty hard. Now there are only two things in my mind when I feel it. Either I've got some form of cancer, or it relates to pregnancy somehow. I'm not sure if it could be a cyst or not, it seems like a pretty weird place for a cyst but I really have no intellect on the subject...
It doesn't hurt at all, it just feels like maybe another organ pushing in or cartilage from something else or something, allthough I really don't think there's anything in my body that would do that.
It's really scaring me. I don't know what it is, other than my few guesses which I'm praying to God are wrong (it's pretty sad though when pregnancy is a breath of fresh air for a teenager next to the other possibility - even though I wouldn't want a child now, just the idea of being infirtile makes me want to burst into tears).
Can anyone tell me what this could be? My grandparents both had lung cancer, though they were both heavy smokers, so I'm not sure if it'd be genetic at all...
I just need some reassurance that whatever this is isn't gonna kill me/my chances of having children in the future. =[

Last edited by Mod-S4; 05-27-2009 at 10:47 AM. Reason: Please do not post young ages and please post on the correct board. Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-01-2008, 12:22 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Timber HB UserTimber HB User
Re: Lump on back wall of uterus - confused and scared

Could you please clarify where you are feeling this lump? You can't feel your uterus with your fingers. Do you mean your vagina? Or are you pressing into your belly and feeling a lump there? If so, it's very difficult for an untrained person to tell what all of the lumps and masses are in the abdomen and you're probably feeling a normal organ, but if you're concerned you should always see a doctor for reassurance.

Old 10-01-2008, 06:12 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB User

Take a deep breath! I think you just need a little information about how your body is made and how it functions. What can your body do, and what can't it. What happens when it has "problems" (bumps, discharges, lumps, etc).

You said you started birth control lately. I assume you mean birth control pills. If so, then you have seen a doctor who prescribed them. I highly suggest you get another appointment with the doctor to ask some basic female biology questions. While you are at it, you need to know some basic male biology. You also might ask your school nurse where you can learn some reliable information. You might consider going to Planned Parenthood and seeing if they have any classes on gynecological health, biology, etc. I think that is VERY important.

You are sexually active. You need to know what your body does. You also need to know about the male body.

As Timber said, you can't feel your uterus. I'll give you a quick, easy object lesson of the vaginal vault. Picture a pear sitting in a glass with the small end downward in the glass. The glass is your vagina. The bottom part of the pear is your cervix. The upper part of the pear is your uterus.

It sounds like the vagina is where you are feeling a lump. Does it feel like the end of a nose? It is possible that this lump could be your cervix.

Your cervix has a very small hole in it (like if you pull the stem out of the pear). Only the hole is smaller than that. The hole is large enough to let menstrual fluid leave your body or to allow semen into your uterus (where it could fertalize an ovum). The hole is small enough to generally keep infection out of your womb (uterus).

There are many things that can interfere with your fertility: chlymidia, PID (pelvic inflammatory disease), gonorrhea, etc. There are many STDs that have no immediate symptoms (some strains of HPV, HIV, etc). Then there are problems that just are inconvenient until treated.

You can learn a lot of information from the Center for Disease Control.

Good luck.

Last edited by Pickle Eyes; 10-01-2008 at 06:12 PM. Reason: spelling

Old 10-04-2008, 04:46 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Timber HB UserTimber HB User

Pickle, reading her post again, I think you're right. She was probably feeling her cervix. Many women don't know where it is or what it feels like and I have seen others come to this board concerned until they realized what it was.

Old 05-27-2009, 07:09 AM   #5
(female)

eiluj1898 HB User

This is just your cervix, so don't worry and relax.

Last edited by eiluj1898; 05-27-2009 at 07:10 AM. Reason: didn't need the quote.

Old 05-27-2009, 01:02 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Martha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB User

And I thought every child was given a basic biology course at school! If you are old enough to have sex, you are old enough to know what your organs are, where they are, how they normally feel , or if you can feel them at all -- just so that you can know if anything is wrong. Pregnency is usually noticed when your period is late --- does not come for a week or more after the normal date. If you are on the pill it is unlikely. Most other forms of birth control have a large failure rate. Do you WANT to be pregnant? If not, use something that works, or wait to have sex until you are ready. Good luck to you. If you were my granddaughter I would have a long long talk with you. My granddaughter is almost 13 and I hope she knows a lot more by now than you did ... but you came to the right place to get advice, and I am sorry if you feel criticised, that was not my intention.

love,
Martha

Old 06-01-2009, 01:06 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

shisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB User

Oh my goodness, my one and only baby doll just turn 13 last week and the thought of her having sex is just too much for me to handle. Why must you experience adulthood when you are still very much a child? Who is going to care for this child, should you become pregnant? Of course the issue of what you are doing is actually against the law for a child of your age. Please Please for us old fashion women out here, think long and hard about what you are doing. Enjoy your childhood. Adulthood comes way too fast and let me tell you from experience, every day is not a ray of sunshine.

Old 01-28-2010, 08:38 PM   #8
(female)

riley23 HB User

see the funny thing is that im 18 and went thru health class started b.c. before sex and am studying to be a doctor yet i have the same thing that started up along with lumps in my breast. so its not that you didnt have enough sense its just something schools dont teach anymore. in my case there is a history of fibrod cancer which just means excess tissue growth that can turn into cancer sometimes. your doctor will just tell you to watch it and see if it doesnt go away.in your case the b.c. could have triggered it with the hormones so it might go away if you change b.c. my advice is to since you probably havent told your mom about you having sex and being on b.c. is just try a different one or ask mom to start b.c. and have her help pick out one low in estrogen.best of luck riley23

Closed Thread