It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2008, 04:56 PM   #1
(female)

colleen12430 HB User
Novasure

I had the procedure on september 12th. The day I got home I has light breeding. I've had to wear a pad every day since. How long does it take to heal and Do you still get your period.

Old 10-02-2008, 08:53 PM   #2
(female)

misty073 HB User
Re: Novasure

I had mine done in Feb and I had very light spotting for about a week...but I also had a water discharge for about 3 weeks after that (no one told me to expect this and because there was alot I was worried about it, but its very normal) my periods are alot lighter than they used to be but have not stopped. I was told that because of my age (34) I had a greater chance of still having my period and having everything go back to the way it was...but I was also told I could have the procedure done again in a few years if that happened

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-21-2008, 07:51 PM   #3
(female)

jean64 HB User

I had the Novasure done along with a D & C and polyup removal on Oct. 17th. I had been having heavy bleeding and reoccuring polyups. I thought I would post this for all those that are nervous about this procedure. I had general anesthetic for the procedure. The procedure took about 45 minutes and I was in stage one recovery for about 45 minutes. I was then taken to stage 2 recovery (where the hubby came in) for about 30 minutes and then went home. I had a little cramping that lasted about 3 hours and was controlled by Tylenol and Advil. When I got home I just took it easy (and slept alot). The next day I felt great and did too much (cleaning, shopping, etc.). The following day I was really tired and just felt blah. It has only been four days, but I feel good. I did not have much discharge, only the first day or two. I guess time will tell if this worked for me. I will try to update everyone. If this takes care of the heavy periods, I will definately recommend it. PS - I am 44 years old and had a previous D & C for polyups in Feb.

Old 10-31-2008, 06:35 PM   #4
(female)

jean64 HB User

Just an update, it has been two weeks now and I did have a period about 4 days after my procedure. It was very very light and lasted about 4 days. I had my follow up appointment today and the doc said all is good. My doc said that the period I had was probably the heaviest I will have from now on, if I get one at all. That would be so nice!! I am still having a little watery discharge, but it is no big deal. If the doctor is right, I would recommend this to everyone who has heavy bleeding.

Old 11-02-2008, 06:01 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

neffie663 HB User

dont count on it i dont want to make you feel badbut my first period was a dot for one day my second period was 5 days but was light andthey been arond the same since it has been 6 months some women do see improvements up to a yr good luck i hope your dr is right

Old 11-02-2008, 06:04 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

neffie663 HB User

there is a post here about novasure that is pretty long if you want to check it out go to the search bar and type in novasure

Last edited by neffie663; 11-02-2008 at 06:08 AM.

Old 11-02-2008, 08:45 PM   #7
(female)

jlh1002 HB User

I also had the Novasure procedure on Sept 12. I had minor bleeding for a few days then watery discharge for a few weeks. The discharge stopped then I had my first period on Oct 24. It lasted for about 5 days and was primarily light discharge and brown spotting. Beats going through a super plus tampon every hour for 2-3 days! Hoping that the low level period continues and that you have success as well.

Closed Thread