It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2008, 06:13 PM   #1
(female)

Gwen233 HB User
Dark brown vaginal discharge and blood

I'm 20 years old, female, and NOT sexually active. For about the past week I've had this dark brown discharge to the point where I have to change pantyliners two or more times a day. My last period was three weeks ago, and it's usually a week to nine days late, never early. Yesterday and today, along with the brown discharge, I've been eliminating red blood, but only when I use the bathroom - it doesn't show up on the pantyliner. I've been under a tremendous deal of stress recently. Is this something I need to worry about, or is it due to stress and/or ovulation?

Old 10-08-2008, 08:17 PM   #2
(female)

LMF64 HB User
Re: Dark brown vaginal discharge and blood

Gwen- Stress can wreak havoc on your body. It can cause your period to do weird things as well. It can come early, come late or not come at all. Not sure if it is anything to worry about just yet, but if you are worried, it wouldn't hurt to go to your Dr. to have it checked out. Perhaps someone else on this board has some better insight as to what you should do?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-26-2008, 01:27 PM   #3
(female)

annie522 HB User

Hi Gwen,
I've been experiencing the exact same symptoms. Have you found out what is was yet? I'm 28, I went to the doctor and was tested for stds, which came back negative, I am not pregnant. But I did have a UTI a few months ago and I wonder if it could be related. I have a follow-up appt in a week to go over other test results, i'll let you know what the doc says.

Old 11-26-2008, 02:26 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

morrisun HB User

I've been having the same problem and my GYN told me that it was just old blood that for whatever reason was taking longer than normal to come out.
PCOS

Old 11-26-2008, 04:58 PM   #5
(female)

Liz415 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwen233 View Post
I'm 20 years old, female, and NOT sexually active. For about the past week I've had this dark brown discharge to the point where I have to change pantyliners two or more times a day. My last period was three weeks ago, and it's usually a week to nine days late, never early. Yesterday and today, along with the brown discharge, I've been eliminating red blood, but only when I use the bathroom - it doesn't show up on the pantyliner. I've been under a tremendous deal of stress recently. Is this something I need to worry about, or is it due to stress and/or ovulation?

Please don't worry, the brown discharge is old blood. I've been through this many times and it was checked out by my GYN.

Closed Thread