It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-09-2008, 08:12 AM   #1
(female)

Dramanut00 HB User
Red face If you have irregular periods, how do you know when you are pregnant? Plz HELP!

I usually have irregular periods, and have for the past two years. I have in the past taken a few pregnancy tests, always to have them come back negative. I thought I was receiving my period soon, but instead when I was shopping on Saturday, I had a small (and I mean tiny) amount of vaginal bleeding, thinking it was my period starting, I did what I needed to do for clothing protection and went on my way. When I got home, it was gone. No signs of anything. There still hasn't been. This was about a week after my last sexual experience.

Now, I have been so hungry in the last week, more so than normal, I am tired a lot of the time (but considering that I have been working a lot that may explain it, but I have been working a lot for the past two months, and only in the past week have I been this tired), with more headaches, and with a bit of diahrea (sp? always hated spelling that word).

I took a pregnancy test last night (four days after the spotting) and it came back negative.

Any thoughts on this? I am going to go to a doctor, but I don't have a family doctor as of yet, as we just moved about four months ago. Please, if you have had a similar experience, please share.

Thanks!
Gonna go cry now.

The following user gives a hug of support to Dramanut00:
stthomas (11-04-2010)
The Following User Says Thank You to Dramanut00 For This Useful Post:
stthomas (11-04-2010)
Old 10-09-2008, 07:08 PM   #2
(female)

jessjjm HB User
Re: If you have irregular periods, how do you know when you are pregnant? Plz HELP!

If it was only 4 days after the spotting when you took the test it may not be accurate.. If it was implantation bleeding that usually happend 7-10 days after the egg is fertilized. so that may be what it was. I would wait another week bafore testing again maybe even a week and a half. The test would be more accurate. Also it may be nothing sometimes our bodies are just strange. Last month i got my period when i was supposed to but it only lasted 2 and a half days and was extreamly light, i went to the doctor and they said it just happens sometimes.. so after a week or so take a test and see what it says and go see doctor but dont stress over it too much

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-10-2008, 07:42 AM   #3
(female)

timetoreclaim HB User
Re: If you have irregular periods, how do you know when you are pregnant? Plz HELP!

The main symptom I had when I knew I was pregnant was breasts that got sore as if period was coming and stayed sore. If you've been going through this a couple years and want to see what's going on and try to straighten it out it's probably worth making an appt with a gyno.I don't know if you are on B/C or trying to get pregnant or what but either way it is really probably worth getting everything checked out and especially your hormones if you aren't on any form of B/C.

Old 10-15-2008, 09:22 AM   #4
(female)

dramanut HB User
Unhappy Re: If you have irregular periods, how do you know when you are pregnant? Plz HELP!

I am deleting this

Last edited by dramanut; 10-15-2008 at 09:26 AM. Reason: realized this was the wrong username and won't get any emails to respond to this.

Old 10-15-2008, 09:29 AM   #5
(female)

Dramanut00 HB User
Question Re: If you have irregular periods, how do you know when you are pregnant? Plz HELP!

I just wanted to update this question.

I am still having period symptoms (boobs feel huge, peeing a lot more, still tired, cry at almost anything, and feel bloated), but had a blood test done on Saturday (a week after the spotting) and it came back today as negative.

I don't know if I am going crazy or not. I really feel like I am pregnant and don't know what to do about it. My fiance does not want to believe me and says that until we know for sure, I'm not pregnant and won't even talk about it with me.

I'm just so sad right now...

Old 11-06-2008, 08:36 AM   #6
(female)

loralei HB User

Honestly, it sounds like you are not pregnant. You might be starting your period any day now, which can often have the same symptoms as early pregnancy.

All you can really do is wait. Try to relax, as dumb as it sounds, anxiety can certainly delay a period. The doctor can do a test if you want, but I heard sometimes they won't even see you unless you've missed 2 whole periods.

Last edited by loralei; 11-06-2008 at 08:38 AM.

Closed Thread