It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-15-2008, 01:34 PM   #1
(female)

shorty14 HB User
do you always get bladder infections after sex?

i got (have) a bladder infection, and have never had one before and i guess got it from having sex the first time, which really hurt by the way ha! but anyways i have ben on med. for about 2 full days and i still can feel the symptoms. i am kinda scared to have sex again because I am terrified of getting another one of these! What if i can't pee right after sex??

Old 10-15-2008, 02:36 PM   #2
(female)

Cakies HB User
Re: do you always get bladder infections after sex?

No you should not always get bladder infections after sex, make sure you pee after sex like within a half an hour after. Sometimes having sex forces bacteria up there and when you pee it flushes that bacteria out which prevents bladder infections. Im not making this up I know to someone who has never heard this advice before it may sound like one of those silly urban legends. Ya know like those stupid tricks like jumping up and down after sex will prevent pregnancy, those silly things aren't true. But I swear this is real, just make sure to pee after and you shouldn't get an infection.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-19-2008, 04:13 PM   #3
(female)

phoebekittys HB User

You shouldnt ALWAYS get a bladder infection. I have heard though if you use condoms with spermacide on it then that is more likely to cause a bladder infections. So if you used one with spermacide on it then maybe you can find one without it on there. Along with going to the bathroom after.

Old 11-03-2008, 04:24 PM   #4
(female)

Celia1990 HB User

I've gotten a bladder infection from having sex a lot in one weekend. At first I didn't know what was wrong but my mom (embarrassingly enough) told me that it was a bladder infection and I HAD to get it checked out.
I was really afraid too, of getting another one, and thus far so good. But I agree with Cakies, go pee after.

Old 11-06-2008, 05:59 PM   #5
(female)

thatonegirl2 HB User

I got a bladder infection the first time I had sex and then never again. You should be fine. You could just hop in the bathroom and wipe yourself off a little if you want, and of course pee if you can. But otherwise, I'm sure you'll be fine.

Old 11-07-2008, 03:45 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

EllieFrog HB User

Expect to get them occasionally. I know that before I got in a commited relationship I would get bladder infections after having sex with a new person. It was odd especially since it happened the most when my current bf and I started having sex. I would get one every single week for probably a month. It was awful but eventually they stopped. I think it depends on the frequency as well... the more sex you have the higher the chance that you will get another one. At least that's how it was for me and now I don't get them at all.

Last edited by EllieFrog; 11-07-2008 at 03:46 PM.

Closed Thread