It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2008, 05:19 AM   #1
(female)

crazykat900 HB User
Brevicon?

well, here's my situation:

i'm 23. i started taking the pill, oh about, hmmmm,...i guess it's been about 6-7 yrs now. first, i was prescribed "ortho"...it was in a pink package, and all pills were the same hormone level. i noticed that my gf had wickedly clear skin, and asked her what the deal was and how she was doing it. she showed me the package for tri-cyclen, and my next annual, i decided to inquire about it. for the next couple years, i had no problems taking the tri-cyclen, and was quite happy with it. when i went in for my annual this year (all was clear) the doc told me my tri-cyclen increased in price by about 3X. so she tried switching me to marvelon. i didn't particularly like it, so after my 3 month trial time frame, i went back, and told them i wanted to go back to my tri-cyclen. i mean, if the damn pill works, i've had no problems, i don't mind paying the extra coin for it. anywho, about 3 months ago i started back on the tri-cyclen, and have noticed that exactly on week #3, i've been having breakthrough bleeding/spotting. ok, so i switched back to my normal pill, maybe it's my body getting used to it....well, its been happening for the past 3 months, and i'm very frustrated with it. i went back to the doc, told her my situation, and she told me to try brevicon. have any of you ladies had this issue? i mean, everytime i go in, i always pick up a years worth of pills, and have not had any issues till i switched from marvelon back. i'm leary about trying brevicon...i don't want this to continue, and am not sure what to do. 10 months worth of tri-cyclen, 1 new package of brevicon,...my doc was totally un helpful, she didn't give me much insight on the whole situation...i'm mad, frustrated....will the spotting stop?! should i say screw it and keep taking tri-cyclen being i have a years worth?! any help would be much appriciated....

btw, i have tried marvelon, tri-cyclen low and both did NOT work for me...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread