It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-20-2008, 01:06 PM   #1
(female)

amillsun HB User
Stretch Marks!

So I don't know what to do. I had a baby4 years ago and I got some pretty wicked stretch marks. My mom bought me a skin cream to help and I used it for about 6-8 months...It worked really well and I finally got rid of most my stretch marks (at least it made them look a lot better). But now my husband keeps talking about having another baby and I don't know if my skin will be able to rebound like it did then. I'm 36 and I'm looking for some advice. Am I doomed to be stretched out everywehere for the rest of my life!

Old 10-21-2008, 01:19 PM   #2
(female)

brittneclark31 HB User
Re: Stretch Marks!

Stretch marks suck but I was just wondering what it was you used that worked before???

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-22-2008, 01:52 PM   #3
(female)

amillsun HB User

I had to find their website but its called HydroPeptide Full Body Anti-Aging Moisturizer with Stretch Mark.

Old 10-23-2008, 11:57 AM   #4
(female)

amillsun HB User
Re: Will stretch marks get worse with another pregnancy?

PS it worked great but it took about 45-60 days or so to really make me a believer...

Last edited by amillsun; 10-23-2008 at 12:00 PM.

Old 10-23-2008, 12:12 PM   #5
(female)

brittneclark31 HB User

Thanks! Maybe I'll give it a try...good luck on not stretching out anymore, but if you plan on having anymore kids I suggest you DO IT (hehehe) ASAP

Old 10-23-2008, 12:38 PM   #6
(female)

timetoreclaim HB User

I'm 38, have given birth to three children. I was age 18, 21 and 22. I got pretty bad stretch marks with the first but not really any additional with the second child but she was of comparable weight to the first. Then number three came along and yes I got them worse. My third child was larger and the stretch marks were more and they also ended up higher on my stomach because he stretched the skin so much more.

I think it's going to depend on your skin and the individual pregnancy.

Old 10-23-2008, 12:59 PM   #7
(female)

LTLindsey HB User

I would definately have to agree...I had my first child and my stretch marks were manageable. Then I accidentally had twins (the twins part was the accident...not the pregnancy) and I exploded. Advice: if you're worried about stretch marks stay away from preganancy!

Old 10-27-2008, 12:49 PM   #8
(female)

amillsun HB User

Thank you all for your insight and advice

Old 10-27-2008, 12:56 PM   #9
(female)

brittneclark31 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by amillsun View Post
I had to find their website but its called HydroPeptide Full Body Anti-Aging Moisturizer with Stretch Mark.
Thanks again! I just ordered some, I can't wait till I get so I can see if it can heal me up

Old 10-27-2008, 01:08 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

AnnD HB UserAnnD HB User

Stretch marks have to do with genetics. Whatever you were programmed at conception will determine the elasticity of your skin. My mom has many stretch marks from 4 children...I didn't have any after 5 children and 60lb weight gains...one of my daughters has more stretch marks than I have ever seen on a person front and back after 5 kids and she didn't over gain during pregnancy and used all kinds of lotions and potions. If you have a few stretch marks and they aren't too bad they will fade in time and not be so red or pronounced however the skin in that little area of the stretch never 'heals' back to it's original shape. If you are prone to stretch marks then you will have more with every pregnancy however some people have much more than others..some gals skin stretch deeper than others it is all different for everyone. Men also get stretch marks if they gain a lot of weight fast as their skin isn't programmed for 'stretching' as much as females. Some men get really deep stretch marks.

Old 10-27-2008, 07:05 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

Trixibel HB User

apparently stretch marks are a sign of zinc deficiency so maybe try supplementing with zinc (but be careful if you get pregnant - make sure it's safe)

Old 10-29-2008, 12:17 PM   #12
(female)

amillsun HB User

I've never heard of Zinc being related to stretch marks. That's actually really interesting if that is a contributing factor...is there any information/studies on that???

Last edited by amillsun; 10-29-2008 at 12:17 PM.

Closed Thread