It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2008, 10:01 PM   #1
(female)

timetoreclaim HB User
Help Vaginal irritation/infection/?

A month ago I was diagnosed with BV and given metrogel to use 1X per day for 7 days. Med used, symptoms remained. Back to same clinic X2 because of symptoms and given advice to use sitz baths and gynolotromine, no further exam given.

Changed clinics. Had a culture done but had douched with water and acidophilis probably too close to culture. Came back negative. Just recultured Tuesday and she will have the results back sometime next week.

In the meantime My external genitalia is burning and on occasion itching but mainly has an extremely dry and burning feeling. She said the vagina looks "normal" and so does the cervix and expects the culture to come back normal. BUT externally I have red and raw looking areas (I've seen this, she didn't mention it). I also have the same dry and burning around the anal opening.

I was told to use no douches, no soap, no pantyliners and see if it gets better.

Well I am irritated enough down south that the last two nights I have been having a rough time getting sleep. I don't know what to do! It sort of feels like I am not producing enough moisture and that what I am producing is getting in the folds where it is raw and just making it more irritated. More of a thick drier whitish there but it doesn't really look yeasty.

My hormones have been a little off, my period has been regular but once every few months it is really different as in short and lighter than normal so I don't know if hormones are playing any part. I do know the other noght I woke up sore and soaked in sweat. I'm 38 and wondering if I am going into peri.

Has anyone dealt with this type of thing? I need some pain and dryness relief. I won't know for sure till next week if it's an infection or if we have to look for some other issue and I don't know what to do in the meantime.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread