It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-24-2008, 12:28 PM   #1
(female)

Nici11 HB User
Too scared to take a pregnancy test... :(

I will try to sum up this situation as best as I can. I went off birth control two- three months ago (this month should be my third period off of the pill) because of all the side effects I was having from it. Now, while on the pill I was getting my period the the Tuesday or Wednesday of the third (I think) week of every month. Once I stopped the pill I got i was getting it several days earlier (the Saturday or Sunday before that third week.) Also, I had been taking Spironolactone, for acne, for about a year, and stopped taking that last month, as i read taking it without being on birth control can mess up your periods.

Now, according to my post-birth control cycle I should have gotten my period five to six days ago. According to my cycle while ON birth control I should have gotten it two-three days ago. I started getting light, on and off cramping two days ago, and the feeling as if I'm about to start. My period is still MIA!

I am just on a new cycle now that I've completely stopped all my meds? I had been on birth control in some form or another for five or six years, so I only vaguely remember what my periods were like. As far as I know, I was pretty regular, maybe every once in a while I would be off. Also, I do know that I have never had cramping without my period.
What's going on??
Please help! I'm very worried.

Last edited by Nici11; 10-24-2008 at 12:37 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-24-2008, 05:32 PM   #2
(female)

TDCB HB User
Re: Too scared to take a pregnancy test... :(

Stopping BC pills can really mess up your cycle for a while, so your late AF could be as simple as a hormonal imbalance, and your body is just trying to adjust. The only way to know if you are pregnant or not is to take a pg test. Try not to stress too much about it until you test, because LOTS of things can mess up your cycle- sickness, stress, nutrition, exercise...and the list goes on. Testing will be the only thing that will give you peace of mind. Good luck!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-26-2008, 09:09 AM   #3
(female)

Nici11 HB User
Re: Too scared to take a pregnancy test... :(

Thank you for the encouragement.
I took the test and it came up negative. I should have known, and should have taken it sooner instead of getting myself all worked up over it. I'll just continue to wait of AF to arrive...

Closed Thread