It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-26-2008, 10:00 AM   #1
(female)

milonappa HB User
Spotting during pregnancy?

Hi, there! I'm new to the board, and I'm just wondering if anyone here has had spotting during their pregnancies, and what the outcomes were? I'm 11 weeks along, and have been spotting off and on since 5 weeks. I had an emergency ultrasound the other day, because we couldn't hear the baby's heartbeat in the office, and luckily we saw the baby and the heartbeat. Because I didn't prepare for the ultrasound by drinking a lot of water we couldn't see too much detail, but got what we wanted. My second ultrasound is on December 23! I'm just concerned about the spotting as I didn't have this with my other two pregnancies. Thanks!

Old 10-26-2008, 11:51 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

WhiskersOnKittens HB User
Re: Spotting during pregnancy?

Hi there and welcome!!
I had some spotting with my ds at around week 6 which lasted about 2 or 3 days, and that was it. Then with this pregnancy, I was horrified to begin spotting around week 10. It only lasted 1 day, but it still had me worried sick, and then I spotted off and on until about week 12 or 13.
Nothing ever came of it, they did ultrasounds and couldn't find what it was. I'm now 25 weeks along, and I haven't had any more.
If you notice it after intercourse, that could be a possible cause... The cervix is so much more sensitive during pregnancy (and with some, more than others), so even the slightest irritation can cause spotting.. Just a thought! Good luck!!!

Whiskers
Our newest bundle, Brody Anderson! - February 09'

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-27-2008, 08:01 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

youneeak HB User

Hi there!

I am in a very similar situation! I am also 11 weeks pregnant and have had spotting on and off throughout this entire pregnancy. It started right around 6 weeks and I spotted for a few days then stopped...they did an u/s and couldn't find the baby's heartbeat so I went back a few days later and they did see the babies heartbeat...after my 2nd u/s I started spotting again for about 5 days this time...I went back to the dr and had another u/s and everything was fine (they found a small seperation and a collection of blood that they attributed the bleeding to). I stopped spotting shortly after and then about a week later started spotting again (on and off) and it's been on and off since then. I went back to the doctor last week for my 10 week check (they don't check for the hb at my doctor's until week 12 so I will have to wait for the hb then)...but my doctor said there was nothing really to be concerned about. Some women may bleed their entire pregnancy and b/c my last 2 u/s showed a healthy, growing baby it was probably very safe. However if I felt the slight bit uncomfortable to call him and he would order another u/s. I am very lucky to have a doctor who is willing to order as many u/s as necessary.

I haven't had too much cramping...just normal (at least as much as I had with my first pregnancy). In my first pregnancy I had some bleeding as well throughout the entire pregnancy and DD was born at 39 weeks as perfect as perfect can be.

I hope all is well and if you are uncomfortable with the bleeding call your doc and ask for another u/s.

Good luck
Sarah

Old 10-27-2008, 10:31 AM   #4
(female)

lamby248 HB User

I actually bled with my dd when I was about 5 weeks along. Then spotted when I was around 7 weeks. I think that it can be a normal thing to happen during pregnancy, especially at the beginning. With this pregnancy, I have spotted very lightly a couple different times after we had sex.

Hope you are feeling better. Get some rest and relaxation in.. and drink plenty of water.

Old 10-27-2008, 09:29 PM   #5
(female)

tracey316 HB User

Hi- I'm six wks pregnant and spotting too. Is it just brown or is it pinkish?

Old 10-27-2008, 09:31 PM   #6
(female)

tracey316 HB User

I'm six wks along and spotting too. I go tomorrow for blood work and an U/S. Is your spotting just brownish?

Old 10-28-2008, 02:48 AM   #7
(female)

milonappa HB User

I had brownish spotting with two of my pregnancies that made it to term. I have two healthy boys. This spotting is pink and red. It's only when I go to the bathroom, none on the underwear, anything like that. My last pregnancy ended at 6 weeks and started out like this, but this pregnancy keeps going and now there's a heartbeat so I'm hopeful.

Old 10-28-2008, 09:36 PM   #8
(female)

tracey316 HB User

I ended up having a m/c this morning and I have to go in for a D&C. My doctor said that it doesn't always end up like this that some women have lots of spotting in the first trimester.
Good luck to you BLESSINGS

Old 10-29-2008, 10:29 AM   #9
(female)

milonappa HB User

I am so sorry tracey316 that this happened to you. It's the worst pain ever, I know. Please take care of yourself, and I hope that everything works out for you.

Closed Thread