It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-28-2008, 09:55 AM   #1
(female)

mia38 HB User
Newbie Needs Advice on Multiple Prolapse

I have recently been dx with multiple prolapse Cystocele, Rectocele, Possible Enterocele and now I think my uterus is "falling" as well. Nothing is "hanging out" Yet but I feel like it could be within the next couple of months if this is left to it's own devices.

My Symptoms are: lower back pain, Heaviness in the pelvic area, Shooting pains that move around under my Belly Button. After sitting for a couple of hours at my desk at work my pelvic area swells and feels tight like a drum. I feel like I have to make a conscious constant effort to keep the bulging feeling out of my vagina. It's painful to cough or sneeze. The pressure is disturbing and I don't even want to mention the bathroom issues. I only have urine incontinence when I am on the toilet straining to have a bowel movement. Thank goodness I haven't started having "Happy accidents" yet. I also have Severe Rectal & Vaginal Cramping after urination and/or a BM.

I have been reading and researching and now have read myself into a fear frenzy. I am scared that my gyn is going to tell me I have to Wait for corrective surgery. I DO NOT want pessary. I am in pain and I am ONLY 38!! Then I read all about women who have been "butchered" by severing nervous and such. Please someone tell me my life isn't over. Please tell me there is light at the end of this VERY DARK tunnel.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-09-2009, 05:54 PM   #2
(female)

cookie73 HB User
Re: Newbie Needs Advice on Multiple Prolapse

I just had my rectocele repaired last week, and o far so good, my bowel was severely pushing through my vaginal wall, I went this way for years, till I couldnt handle it anymore. Surgery seemed to go well I even did it awake (by choice)
Good luck

Closed Thread