It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-01-2008, 02:12 PM   #1
(female)

xkygurlx HB User
Unhappy I'm having irregular peroids, passing clots, & abdominal pain, what could it be?

I've been having irregular peroids for about 2 years now, but recently (within the last 6 months) it's become extremely heavy, passing some really big clots, & I have pain in my lower right abdomen. For instance in the last 24 hours, I have been through 14 super plus tampons (says they hold about 15 grams), and the pain feels almost like contractions. I know I'm not pregnant since I had a tubal ligation 9 years ago. I haven't felt good in a really long time & I'm begining to wonder if I ever will, or if I'm just a whiny baby. Last night the pain was so unbearable, I really wanted to go to the ER but since it was Halloween I had a house full of teenagers & didn't want to leave them unattended. I made it through the night, and the pain has subsided for now, but I'm still bleeding like a stuck pig! I've never really had heavy bleeding like this, but my periods have always been kind of screwy. I had the contraceptive Norplant in for 5 years (removed in 99) & ever since then I've always had more cramping and mood swings. I'm 33 years old so I don't think it's menopause yet, but I'm starting to wish it was. I been wondering if it's wise to use tampons when your passing clot after clot, and I mean big ones, like 7-8 inches log by 3 inches wide, I'm kind of scared to go to the Doc because ovarian cancer runs in my family, so any other ideas would be great to me, also does anyone know how the slow the bleeding and what is good for the pain? I don't know how many more nights like last night I can take.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-04-2008, 03:36 AM   #2
(female)

MissRuby HB User
Re: I'm having irregular peroids, passing clots, & abdominal pain, what could it be?

You may have endometriosis which can cause the symptoms you describe. Go to your GP (or the ER if it's really that bad as they'll probably do tests sooner than if you go to your GP) and explain what's wrong.

Are you able to go back on a contraceptive pill? Sometimes females just happen to be unlucky and have to live with painful, irregular and heavy periods for their whole lives without a known cause and taking 'the pill' is the only thing that helps. This could be the case for you but since you said that ovarian cancer runs in the family then it may be wise for you to have a check up.
Good luck.

Closed Thread