It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-01-2008, 03:10 PM   #1
(female)

Tjay718 HB User
vaginal secretion

hi everyone. I ate tuna fish and onions last night and today I noticed that my vaginal secretions smelled like tuna fish. Is this suppose to happen? I can even smell it in my nails a little bit. Also, I just came off of taking antibiotics for bv for 7 days. I ended up getting a yeast infection and yesterday I was prescribed diflucan for it. thursday night, I went on a website and found some info on hydrogen perioxide douching clearing up yeast infections and bv, so I douched thursday night and friday morning. My nurse told me that wasnt the best thing to do and she gave me a long lecture about it. Well, I took her advice and now I am just taking the lactobacillus aciduphilius pills and eating activia yogurt. so far iam ive only taken two pills. (thursday night and friday night) so now i guess its too early to tell if their working or not right? I just dont know if its the bv am smelling on my secretions or the tuna fish i ate last night.

Last edited by Tjay718; 11-01-2008 at 03:13 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-01-2008, 03:24 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

AnnD HB UserAnnD HB User
Re: vaginal secretion

I would hope that you have washed your hands and your private parts or at least showered.... and if you are still smelling that fishy smell you will need another round of antibiotic. I do believe it is just coincidence that you ate the tuna just at the same time as your infection.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread