It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2008, 03:43 PM   #1
(female)

whit3 HB User
Question Breast pain

Hi,

I've been having breast pain that has been increasing for the last 3 days. I am quite concerned because I've never had breast pain before. I've also been having small stabbing but electric like pains in my abdomen. I have an irregular period but the shortest cycle i've had in the last 3 years has been 35 days, i'm only at day 28 right now, day 25 when it started.

The abdominal pains aren't contant, just maybe for a few minutes a day. But the breast pain is. I have also been very gassy (yes i know TMI). I do have unprotected sex but I have been told (and after a year of trying) i cannot have kids, so I dont think i'm pregnant. What else could this be? I don't want to just go to the doctor saying my breasts hurt and for him to turn around and say "your periods coming, go home and take some panadol" because I know its not that as I never get any symptoms except cramping with my period.

Thanks!!!!

Old 11-04-2008, 02:29 AM   #2
(female)

MissRuby HB User
Re: Breast pain

Symptoms of PMS can change depending on hormone levels and age. I used to get headaches before my period but now I don't. I never used to get breast pain but now I do. If you are really concerned and think that something is wrong then you must see a doctor but from here, what you describle simply seems to be newly developing symptoms of PMS.
I know that's not what you wanted to hear but it just seems that way.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-04-2008, 02:49 AM   #3
(female)

whit3 HB User

No no if it is just that i'm happy to hear it. Maybe this is because of my lifestyle change and the weight i've been losing, maybe my hormones are adjusting and changing and causing weird things to happen.

Old 11-04-2008, 03:16 AM   #4
(female)

MissRuby HB User

Lifestyle changes could be a cause.
When I became a vegetarian I had different PMS symptoms than when I wasn't one.

Weightloss, especially if with a different diet than your used to can make your body display things it doesn't normally do. It could be 'detox' or like you said, your body adjusting to your new way of living. However I still think you should see a doctor if your concerned. I'm not a medical professional so don't want to tell someone they're fine when they really may not be.

Old 11-06-2008, 01:32 PM   #5
(female)

whit3 HB User

So I went to the doctor yesterday and she did a blood test to rule out pregnancy, and to check my hormones, i get the results either tomorrow (if i can be bothered waiting to see a doc) or sunday (apparently a much less busier day). The thing is though I don't know if this is me imagining things in my head or stressing too much but yesterday I felt really ill, and today the same. But today (i know TMI) i started bleeding, very bright pink spotting when i went to the toilet and wiped myself this morning.

I have irregular periods, but I can say that in the last 2 1/2 years I havent had a cycle shorter than 35 days and am currently at about 31 days My partner says i'm really cranky as well and is convinced that i'm pregnant so I dont know if it is him putting idea's in my head and i'm stressing and obsessing over them or what.

Closed Thread