It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2008, 07:35 PM   #1
(female)

Kris1122 HB User
possibly pregnant?

i got my last period on October 4th. Two weeks ago my boyfriend and I had sex and the condom broke. We did not realize it until after he had come that it broke. I am not on birthcontrol because I cant have extra hormones in my body or it goes out of whack. I am due for my period in 2 days. but i have been feeling nauseas, bloated, when i have a cigg i get lightheaded and nautious, I had a couple drinks at a bar last night and got drunk really fast( whihc is not normal for me) and i felt very nautious. With my other pregnancy ( my daughter is now 5) I didnt have these synmptoms til i was 3 months. With my most recent pregnancy ( miscarried June 2008 @ 18 weeks) i had the same exact symptoms. What are the chances that I could be pregnant. I just have this "feeling" that i am. And when I was on the way to his house that night, I got a feeling that something was going to happen, and i couldnt stop thinkin that I was going to get pregnant. And then the condom broke. I keep on rubbing my stomach and i dont notice it til he says something.
Any ideas?
Thanks in advance!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-03-2008, 12:05 AM   #2
(female)

scubasprite HB User
Re: possibly pregnant?

Well, it's definitely possible. It sounds like that would've been right around the time you were ovulating. Having said that, you've got a 25% chance of conceiving with each ovulation, and your fertility reduces with smoking. Still, no way of knowing for another few days. Have you thought of buying a home pregnancy test to check? They're pretty effective these days.

In the meantime it'd be a good idea to stop drinking and smoking -- or try to reduce the smoking as much as you can, to reduce fetal exposure if you are pregnant. There are a huge amount of studies out now that suggest smoking is far worse for the baby than we'd ever thought before, so anything you can do to lessen that effect, the better... plus there are several agencies that really go out of their way to help pregnant women quit or cut back, so it's a good time to take advantage of that.

Plus, spinal cord formation happens over the next four days or so, so if you haven't already, take a little folic acid or prenatal vitamins. If you aren't pregnant, well, they're good for your health anyway so nothing lost there.

Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-18-2008, 03:56 AM   #3
(female)

Kris1122 HB User
Re: possibly pregnant?

well i got a BFP on friday.. which didnt make me to happy, but whatever. I still have to tell the guy im dating. Dont know how to tell him without him having a heartattack! haha any advice?
kris1122

Closed Thread