It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2008, 03:28 PM   #1
(female)

Sallyx HB User
recto-vaginal fistula after delivery

I developed a recto-vaginal fistula 5 days after delivering my 9lb 3oz son. I had surgery to repair it immediatly and things have gone rather well I thought since then. I also developed a rare condition afterwards call Post-Partum Cardio Myopathy (a whole other story!). It is now 2 and a half months since my surgery and I still not convinced it is repaired and so paranoid it is going to break down and happen again. When it first happenned, I was passing stool through my vagina and it was very traumatic for me and unbearable. Is there anyone out there who has experienced the same thing and had this successfully repaired on the first attempt? I have so many questions and I am looking for positive stories as all I read on the internet is bad horror stories. I sometimes worry I am passing gas through my vagina when sitting or lying down but I am not really sure. Please help!

Old 08-21-2009, 05:07 AM   #2
(female)

amicamom HB User
Re: recto-vaginal fistula after delivery

Hi Sallyx,

I found this post while researching urethral caruncle and was wondering if you resolved that issue? I have a sister-in-law in the what sounds like the exact same situation and I'm desperately seeking answers for her.

* email address removed by hb-mod, moderator *
THANK YOU!!!

Last edited by hb-mod; 08-21-2009 at 08:14 AM. Reason: Please don't post your email address, per Posting Policy.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread