It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2008, 06:33 PM   #1
(female)

lynsie868 HB User
late period from cyst?

I've had a dull ache in my lower left abdomen for the past 5 days or so. I've had the same ache a couple of months ago, also on my left side. My period was due yesterday, but I haven't gotten it yet. Could I have a cyst, and could this be delaying my period??

Old 11-09-2008, 06:20 PM   #2
(female)

brandigriffin22 HB User
Re: ovary pain/late period/neg test

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynsie868 View Post
I have been having a dull pain near my left ovary for the past 5 days. My period is 3 days late. My bf and I were sexually active twice this month, but not near my fertile days, and he wore a condom. I took a hpt today and it is negative. Could I have a cyst that is delaying my period?? I usually have a very regular, 33 day cycle.
Well a couple of things could be happening. Your ovulation could have been delayed which through of your cycle causing mis confusion to your ovaries and some pain. During your ovulation time you could have a cyst which is on the side which your ovary produces you to have your period on that side. Now either you can wait and see what happens hopefully if it is a cyst it will go away or may pop which you will feel a lot of pain then or go see you obgyn and get an ultrasound done which will show whatever is going on and get it taken care of. If it is nothing the obgyn may wait a couple of weeks and if you do not get your period the may have to start it for you. You can use a heating blanket on the side that you are in pain if you are. But go see ur obgyn a.s.a.p

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-09-2008, 07:08 PM   #3
(female)

lynsie868 HB User
Re: ovary pain/late period/neg test

I just realized that my left abdomen, near the ovary (at least I think where the ovary is) is tender when I press it. I am a vegan and I've read that it is much less likely for vegans to get ovarian cysts.. but I can't think of what else this could be. If it doesn't resolve itself I will go see a doctor.

Closed Thread