It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2008, 04:00 PM   #1
(female)

always16 HB User
Chronic BV: Can it be related to herpes???

First off let me say I was diagnosed with herpes 4 1/2 months ago. At that appointment, I was also dx with BV and given Tindamax for that. After the herpes symptoms went away, I was still left with a foul odor/weird frothy grayish discharge. I went back to the dr. and he said I had BV again, although I think it never went away. So this time he gave me Metrogel once nightly for 5 days. I finished that, but it gave me a yeast infection, which I treated at home. After the YI cleared up, I still had the foul odor, so I repeated the course of Metrogel. This gave me another YI, which I again treated at home, and again after it cleared up, I still had the odor. I called the dr. again and this time they rx boric acid suppositories 2x day for 7 days. This seemed to clear it up for a short time better than any of the antibiotics, but it still came back about a week after I finished taking them. I called the dr. again and they said there was nothing they could do until they see me again, but I can't afford to go back in as I am self-pay and have already spent over $2000 between this and the herpes stuff.

I have been perusing these boards and have found others that have been suffering with chronic BV. I have started on the hydrogen peroxide douche as so many have seemed to have success with it. I posted on the herpes boards also to ask if anyone else with herpes has also had chronic BV problems, but no one there has, so I figured I would try here also. I have stopped having sex with the assassin who gave me herpes, so I know it can't be due to sex. I never had this problem before I got herpes, so logically I believe there is a correlation between the two, even though the dr., nurses, and people on other posts say that there's not. I just don't understand why it won't go away. It is so frustrating. It's bad enough that I have herpes, but to have to suffer with this every day, it's almost too much. I know that I will never be "normal" again because of the herpes, but if there is any possibility that I can get rid of this BV, I know I won't be so down about it. If anyone out there has had chronic BV, please help!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread