It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2008, 09:06 AM   #1
(female)

timetoreclaim HB User
Please help! Vaginal dryness questions

I'm suffering so much I can't stand to even exist. My vulva and vagina are so dry the skin is sticking together with no moisture and it burns and itches from my clitoris to my anal area. Aside form telling me there is no sign of infection the Dr.s can't tell me why, only offer things to try to see if it helps, premarin cream from the Nurse Pract and a script for Yaz from the Gyn.

I'm hoping someone can offer me some suggestions to help. I have a sample of premarin cream but I wish it was not this type of estrogen cream but I am almost desperate enough to use it anyway.

Maybe someone who has had hormonal dryness can tell me if that is what it is like so I will know if thats' where I should try to remedy it or look somewhere else. I welcome any suggestions on how to get any relief, I can barely manage to sit long.

I've tried A&D ointment and it doesn't help. Water makes it burn and itch to try to soak in a tepid bath even.

This all started with a bacterial vaginosis infection and metrogel and now my life is hell.

I'm 38, married and can't even have normal relations. I'm scared this is never going away, it's been months.

The following user gives a hug of support to timetoreclaim:
littlesis0821 (09-28-2011)
Old 12-16-2008, 10:14 AM   #2
(male)

welcometoric HB User
Re: Please help! Vaginal dryness questions

Keep white soft paper tissue in the area that ll help the lipids,should feel better.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-16-2008, 09:07 PM   #3
(female)

timetoreclaim HB User

Even wiping with tissue makes it burn. I'm still going through this with no relief. I did try the premarin cream but my period became excessively heavy and I don't know if that did it or not but the longer use of pads made the pain even worse.

Old 12-17-2008, 10:38 AM   #4
(female)

mayriv8409 HB User

Have you tried vitamin E? I had a similar problem, though not as severe as what you describe here, and my doctor recommended to break vitamin E capsules and to apply the oil to the vulva. It relieved the symptoms. I hope it works for you too.

Last edited by mayriv8409; 12-17-2008 at 10:38 AM. Reason: spelling

Old 12-17-2008, 11:35 AM   #5
(female)

timetoreclaim HB User

Ill try that may

Old 12-17-2008, 02:50 PM   #6
(female)

coopere3 HB User

Look up information about Sjogren's disease. It is an autoimmune disease that attacks different glands of the body, including mucous glands. The most commonly affected area is the eyes (lacrimal glands) but also affects the mucous membranes in the vaginal area. My friend who was diagnosed with Sjoren's disease said vaginal dryness was her first symptom.

Just thought I would throw in my two cents worth. Maybe this will help you find an answer. Let me know if you have any questions.

Old 12-17-2008, 05:08 PM   #7
(male)

welcometoric HB User

If it burns,the skin is dry .Try not to overwash,use some baby soap,the lipid structure of the skin is damaged,need a good moisturiser,some may irritate but that depends it may work different from person to person,only try small amounts first, do not over use,the other thing need time to work.For sex use always lubricant.

Old 12-18-2008, 06:38 AM   #8
(female)

beanie70 HB User

i have the same problem, it is so uncomfortable down below and i need to urinate quite a lot as well, when i need to go i can barely hold it in. I am also very concerned as I have never had this before, in fact i used to think i had the opposite problem! i did have BV a while a go as soon as i had the gynefix coil, I am only 19 and the only information i can find is for women who are going through the menopause, so you are not alone dont worry!

Old 12-18-2008, 01:01 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

AlexaIn2006 HB UserAlexaIn2006 HB UserAlexaIn2006 HB User

You can buy vitamin E oil, so you don't have to break open capsules. I use this oil as my facial moisturizer for myself and my toddler. The good thing is that it is real and pure, whereas creams will be chemically laden. You can find vitamin E oil up to 45,000IU made by Jason Organics, maybe more. I highly suggest this or Calenula which is actually marigold flower but heals the skin. You will probably have to go to a heath store or health grocery for these things.

Old 12-18-2008, 07:54 PM   #10
(female)

Cakies HB User

why would they put you on birth control, that will make it worse. I have had vaginal dryness since I started taking birth contol pills. It awful. What helps me is to use a vaginal moisturizer, they sell them at CVS/drugstores. The one I use is called replense. It's different from regular lube, it comes in an applicator you use it every three or four days and it's very soothing to the itchy area. These moisturizers are meant for menopausal women but they work even if your like me 22 and having dryness. Mine is deffinately from the birth control when I went off it I went back to normal. Unfortunatly I have yet to find a birth control pill that doesn't cause vaginal dryness and I've tried a million.

Closed Thread