It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2008, 08:45 PM   #1
(female)

missmel1 HB User
Frustration with some unprofessional medical personnel

I went in today for a 3.1 cm cyst found on right ovary during a CT scan by urologist. Lots of problems with a report that was not received even though it had been faxed....mainly problems due to very unprofessional medical young folks in the office...speaking of somebody going out on a date, etc. You know, I'm in there for fear of cancer (mother died of breast, grandmother died of breast, and aunt is in remission of breast)...so a little bit concerned over any female cancer. Anyway, doctor didn't know anything about it, but first words were "let's wait a month"...also, asked about the C 125 test, he suggested not doing it because of the many things that it could pick up! I insisted on an ultrasound...went back in same day for that. Also, finally located faxed report in the fax basket in the office by receptionist! Plus, in going back same afternoon....tech couldn't locate paperwork and wondered why I was there~~~Again, mega frustration~ but ultrasound is done, let's hope it doesn't get misplaced. I haven't had a period in almost 4 years (and they all kept asking me when last ovaluation took place)...and concerned. Bladder lesions discovered in CT and going back in for biospy on that as well.

Any suggestions on situation? Thanks in advance.
Report Bad Post

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-11-2008, 09:03 PM   #2
(female)

orangejuice100 HB User
Re: Frustration with some unprofessional medical personnel

Wow. That is ridiculous! I would raise hell! Definitely say something and keep pressing it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-12-2008, 05:30 AM   #3
(female)

missmel1 HB User

Thanks for your reply, and suggestion! I'm not one to really raise hell, but have had enough "sick" people in my immediate family to know that you have to speak up for yourself....especially in today's world. It seems as though often times within the medical office itself, there is too much chit chat about casual stuff among some staff...so many times the atmosphere doesn't seem as "professional" as it should. Now, in defense of the employees that are in the medical field for the reason of compassion and care...thank you.

Old 11-12-2008, 03:53 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

weasel HB User

Change doctors offices! They work for you, remember, so you can fire them!

Closed Thread