It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2008, 07:43 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

Tivo123 HB UserTivo123 HB UserTivo123 HB UserTivo123 HB User
Endometrial ablation for childless women?

Anyone who never had kids contemplate getting an endometrial ablation? I've had very frequent problems with uterine polyps and my gyne said that the ablation is an option for possibly eradicating them once and for all. I keep getting the polyps removed and I'm getting tired of it. I don't think all of that anesthesia is healthy for me anyway....

I'm 34 and not married, not even in a relationship right now. I've given up hope of ever finding a husband and therefore having kids, so I am really leaning heavily toward getting the ablation. My gyne also mentioned the big H but I'm not willing to go through menopause early. Forget it!!

I guess there's still a small part of me (very, very small) that is pondering motherhood, but if I'm being honest, I know my time to bear a healthy child is waning and since there are quite literally no prospects on the horizon, I think I need to make this decision. Particularly now because this will be the 4th time I have to get the hysteroscopy/D&C to remove yet another polyp that has grown again.

I was reading on some of the websites about the ablation that it's still necessary to practice birth control because you can still get pregnant after having the ablation but it's very dangerous. I'm not sure why that is, because I was under the impression that burning out the lining of the uterus would mean the fertilized egg would have nowhere to attach. Is that not correct?

I'm just looking for some responses from women who have not had children but had the ablation done, have you ever regretted it? I don't know.... I just know I'm tired of these stupid surgeries and I don't want to do that anymore.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread