It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2008, 08:45 PM   #1
(female)

SteeleMistress HB User
Unhappy Infection After Imperforate Hymen Surgery?!

Hi. I'm Kelly, I'm 19 and new to these boards.

To get straight to the point:

On October 27th I had surgery for imperforate hymen. Before or after, up until about a few days ago, I had never had any symtoms like the ones I am experiencing now so I'm pretty sure it was nothing I was already containing when I went into the hospital. As has been described through internet sites, since I am inexperienced with having periods and experiencing womanly bodily-functions so I don't know just how normal or abnormal what I am experiencing IS, I know that women discharge but it should be clear and odorless, right? Well after I stopped bleeding after my imperforate surgery I have found that I STILL have to wear pads because I am discharging [I know discharge is normal..but I KNOW this isn't] every so often. It's a light-ish brown-ish color on the pad and has a god-awful smell. I can't really even describe the smell but it is strong and heavy. The discharge is not really heavy though, but I can feel it coming out. My vaginal area is not really normal either I have noticed. I thought that after my surgery since I decided to stop shaving my vaginal hair for a while, that it might be the hair trapping an odor and causing my vagina to confuse me with having a false infection but that's definitely not it. I can wash with a rag and come out still stinking. I'm not really able to get too close to my vaginal hole to rinse/scrub because of the stitches on my hymen and I don't want to shove water up there or anything. I'm not allowed to take baths either, only showers. Since having surgery I have had to put this stuff directly on my stitches called "Premarin" cream. I've noticed a small build up on the left side of my vagina, inside the wall, a build-up of a small amount of something white and I was kind of thinking [and hoping] that it could just possibly be excess Premarin cream dripping out of my hole and lodging itself up there?! I thought it COULD be a yeast infection but I don't think it is.
I have 2 other conclusions: A.) Some antibiotics that the hospital has given me have caused something to go wrong downstairs. B.) I possibly have trichomoniasis.

Can ANYONE help me? [I know I need to see a gynecologist but I cannot schedule an appointment until Monday because they are not open on weekends]. I'm just looking for some opinions/advice.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-17-2008, 07:45 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

shisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB User
Re: Infection After Imperforate Hymen Surgery?!

SteeleMistress

Did you call the surgeon who did your surgery? Has this surgeon returned your call and answered your questions? If not call the office again tomorrow and insist on an immediate appointment within the next twenty four hours if this doctor is unable to return your call to answers your questions.

Old 11-17-2008, 09:27 PM   #3
(female)

SteeleMistress HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by shisslak View Post
SteeleMistress

Did you call the surgeon who did your surgery? Has this surgeon returned your call and answered your questions? If not call the office again tomorrow and insist on an immediate appointment within the next twenty four hours if this doctor is unable to return your call to answers your questions.
For gynecological visits we are only allowed to wait our turn. We cannot schedule urgent appointments. If something is urgent, the gynecologist office will direct us towards the hospital and I don't think this is that serious.

I'm pretty sure my vagina isn't going to fall out of my body or anything, teehee.

Old 11-19-2008, 09:37 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

shisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB User

Infections are serious and must be taken care of promptly. Untreated infections can cause you further problems down the road. If you plan on having any children, this could hamper your efforts. What does this doctor do if you are pregnant and go into labor--tell the kid "sorry I am not ready for you yet, you must wait your turn"! Medical care in Kentucky can not be that bad--is it? Go to the hospital if you must and get treated. Once you are taken care of, ask around and find another doctor, one who lives and practices in the real world.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Old 11-20-2008, 08:22 AM   #5
(female)

SteeleMistress HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by shisslak View Post
Infections are serious and must be taken care of promptly. Untreated infections can cause you further problems down the road. If you plan on having any children, this could hamper your efforts. What does this doctor do if you are pregnant and go into labor--tell the kid "sorry I am not ready for you yet, you must wait your turn"! Medical care in Kentucky can not be that bad--is it? Go to the hospital if you must and get treated. Once you are taken care of, ask around and find another doctor, one who lives and practices in the real world.

Good luck and keep us posted.
Just a simple bacterial infection. I take 2 pills a day for 7 days.

..oh and I don't want kids. :]

Closed Thread