It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-17-2008, 11:13 PM   #1
(female)

wendys8861 HB User
Enough Already - bleeding for a month...

Hey everybody! Here's the deal: I'm 45 and had my last pap in August. The results all came back normal.

I had my normal cycle in September and October. Then, 3 days after my cycle ended, I started again. This was just under a month ago, with no signs of letting up. I have had no other pain, just the moderate constant bleeding.

I saw my OB/GYN 1 1/2 weeks ago. She did a biopsy and sent me for an ultrasound. I had the ultrasound last Tuesday along with the vaginal ultrasound (I think that's what it was called). Now, it's a waiting game. I go back to see her on Friday, but I'm concerned about what may be causing this bleeding.

I've been doing alot of research on the internet to determine what could be going on with me. Anybody else just have bleeding with no other symptoms and if so, what did it turn out to be for you?

I'm trying to do alot of research so that when I do go back to the dr., I'll have some knowledge of what she determine the problem is.

Any advice while I'm waiting for the results?

Thanks!

Old 11-18-2008, 03:57 PM   #2
(female)

lynn1961 HB User
Re: Enough Already - bleeding for a month...

Hi Wendy.....

I had the same exact issue as you are having. I bled for 1 1/2 months. It just came out of the blue. No previuos problem, Well....not for years anyways.My problem started in june. I went to my gyno doc and she imediately did a biopsy and then set up for blood work to check thyroid and hormone levels ect.....and then I had to get a pelvic and vaginal ultrasound. Everything came back ok on the blood work and biopsy. But on the ultrasound findings.....I was found to have 2 small fibroids and a thickened endometrial lining. So, my doctor decided I needed a hysterscopy, D & C, and endometrial ablation. I had that done oct. 16. As of right now, I am still bleeding post op. It has been 4 weeks UGH.....We are going to see if this straightens out and if not, I will have a hysterectomy. My doctor did inform me that this procedure does not work on 30% of women. I am hoping it gets straight!!! I hope this helps you.....by the way, I am 47 years of age.

LYNN

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-18-2008, 10:23 PM   #3
(female)

wendys8861 HB User

Thanks for the reply. I really appreciate your time. This uncertainty is really getting to me! Thank goodness I'll know on Friday (hopefully!).

Thanks for the info on the ablation and all. I was reading up on that but I'm really not sure it will work in my case should that option come up. I think, if need be, I'm going to probably opt for a partial (or full if necessary) hysterectomy. My hubby and I don't plan on children so that's not an issue. If I do a partial, I'm hoping it can be done laproscopic to shorten the recovery time. One of my co-workers recently had a partial laporscopically and she was back to work after 2 weeks (Said it was the best thing she ever did! - no more "female" problems!)

Well, I guess I'll know in a couple of days what to expect. I'm a newlywed and so thankful I have such a wonderful, understanding huband - this obviously cuts into our intimacy!

Thanks again for the response. I'm feeling a little better knowing I'm not the only one going through this!

Best of luck to you in your recovery. It's gotta be difficult going through all of that only to discover it may not work after all. I hope it does work for you!

Old 11-20-2008, 05:28 PM   #4
(female)

carscheles HB User

I just wanted to say that the same thing happened to me. I'm 41, I was bleeding for 4 weeks, and it turned out to be an ovarian cyst. Now I'm waiting to follow up with my doctor in 3 more weeks to see if the cyst resolved itself.

Good luck and let us know how you make out.

Old 11-21-2008, 09:26 AM   #5
(female)

wendys8861 HB User

Thanks to everyone who responded.

After a few sleepless nights, I changed my Dr. appointment from today to yesterday. I went in to see my GYN expecting the worst and got the best!

She explained that all of my tests came back normal (Thank goodness), however the ultrasound did reveal small cysts in my ovaries that she wasn't concerned with.

It appears that my bleeding problem is hormone related and she put on on Provera. I took my first one last night, so I hope it works!

Thanks to all. May you all get good news at your next Dr. appointments!

Old 12-28-2008, 08:18 PM   #6
(female)

Js528NJ HB User

Hi all

I am 38 yrs old and up until six months ago, have never had an abnormal period. In AUG, I started bleeding and it did not stop for almost two months. I finally went to a DOC and explained this. I had all the blood tests (including a CA-125), ultasound, bioppsy. I, too, was told that I had a "cyst" on my ovary, but "not to worry". After all the tests came back, I was diagnosed with SIMPLE END. TRIAL HYPERPLASIA and had a polyp. Ok, in English, please? DOC put me on FEM CON and told me the bleeding should stop. Well, I have been bleeding horribly now since 12/12 and I cannot seem to find any research on this condition. I am in a real horrible way because after 12/31, I will no longer have medical insurance. Has anyone taken FEMCON and how did it work?

Closed Thread