It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2008, 06:14 PM   #1
(female)

meusers2001 HB User
please tell me what to expect after a rectocele repair?

Hi everyone, I am new to this site, and 14 days after rectocele surgery. Can't say I'm in pain but feel tons of pressure. Is this typical?

Last edited by moderator2; 11-18-2008 at 06:24 PM. Reason: to make this into your own new thread - please always start your own thread instead of using someone else's thread

Old 11-18-2008, 06:14 PM   #2
(female)

meusers2001 HB User
Re: What should i expect after Cystocele and Rectocele repair?

Still hoping to get a reply. Can someone please tell me what to expect after a rectocele repair. It's been four weeks today, and I still have pressure - is this normal?

Visited my doctor last week - he said all was healing well - but, it doesn't feel that way to me.

Looking forward to a response PLEASE

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-05-2008, 04:07 PM   #3
(female)

vhelm31 HB User

i just reached my 6th week after my surgery and just as you my doctor said everything was healing just fine. I don't feel like it is either. I tried having intercourse and it was way too painful. I hope someone can give us some input too.

Old 12-07-2008, 01:19 PM   #4
(female)

meusers2001 HB User

Hi everyone - its been almost two months since my rectocele surgery - the pressure I'd been having has finally subsided - hooray, there is light at the end of this tunnel.........

Old 01-03-2009, 05:19 PM   #5
(female)

deb1960 HB User

Thank you for the encouragement! I had the surgery 18 days ago. I also feel a lot of pressure when I stand, so I've been trying to lay down a lot. After 2 months, do you still have to restrict your lifting? Can you lift more than 10 pounds? My grandson weighs 17 pounds. I would love to lift him up again, but will wait until I get the doctor's okay.

Old 03-25-2009, 09:11 AM   #6
(female)

joy57 HB User
Re: please tell me what to expect after a rectocele repair?

I'm now in the same boat as you... I'm just 8 days post-op and the pressure is bad. If I had to describe it, I would say it's similiar to what you feel right at the end of pregnancy when you have all that pressure 'down there." I am glad to hear it does eventually pass. I too have a 17 lb. new grandson I'd love to be able to pick up, but I know I can't!
I went grocery shopping last evening and it completely drained me. I was hurting and I'd put a Pepsi cube in the cart without thinking...DUH! I won't do THAT again!
Good luck to all in recovery!
Joy

Last edited by joy57; 03-25-2009 at 09:12 AM.

Old 05-29-2009, 01:39 PM   #7
(female)

Trudytal HB User
Unhappy Re: please tell me what to expect after a rectocele repair?

Hi - I am a new user of this forum and so thrilled that I am not alone! I am 8 days post op my anal rectocele repair and still in agony when I need a BM and after passing a BM - has anyone else had this problem? if so what helps? and how long before it starts to get better?

Last edited by Trudytal; 05-29-2009 at 01:40 PM.

Old 05-29-2009, 03:10 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Martha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB User

I'm having my surgery in 2 weeks and naturally scared .. I was told that you must take stool softeners at the maximum allowed dosage for 10 days or more afterwards, and if that doesn't make BMs any easier, use a Fleet's enema. I will have both of those things in the house just in case. And no heavy lifting for 6 weeks.

I am already on an anti constipation diet which I will continue months after my repair ... practially all vegetable and fruit, no rice or white bread or potato, only salad, fruit, lots of prunes, raisins, stool softeners and fiber pills. One good side effect, 3 pounds off in 2 weeks ....

I am looking forward to being OVER the operation.

Love,

Martha

Old 06-01-2009, 07:30 AM   #9
(female)

meusers2001 HB User

The one thing that was fixed immediately was my bm problems, i now go every day. the doc put me on a heavy duty fiber drink (yuk) but it works. i only use it once a week if that and go on my own now. However the pressure in the v area is still there, not as sore as before, i am however almost 7 months out.

Closed Thread