It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2008, 06:57 AM   #1
(female)

xkygurlx HB User
Question What can I expect next, after D&C abnormal cells found...?

About 2 weeks ago I went to the Doctor because I was having an very, very, heavy period (if you can call soaking an 18 gram tampon in 30 minutes a period), it had been going for about a month and I just couldn't take anymore. I was so weak & my lower right side hurt like crazy. Anyways, I had a vaginal ultrasound & Pap Smear done on the 5th of November, and I had a D&C w/hysteroscopy done last Monady (the 10th). My Dr has called me and said there were abnormal cells on my cervix and he wants to do colposcopy & a punch biopsy next week when I go in for my follow-up visit. I want to know does mean that something is definetly wrong, since he's already done a D&C, what would be the next step? The bleeding has pretty much stopped for the time being, I still feel really weak & I don't have any stamina, my hemoglobin level was 8 last week & the anethesiologist said that my potassium was low also. I guess what I want to know is what does abnormal cells mean exactly? I've done some reading & it seems like it's either HPV or cancer related. It kind of freaked me out thinking about a STD when I've been w/ the same guy for the last 5 yrs, and before that was w/ my ex for like 10 yrs. Is sexual contact the only way you can contract HPV? Should I even be worried about HPV?I just feel lost & confused & would really love some input. I feel like such a idiot for asking all these questions when I'm a surgical tech myself, I'd rather not have everyone at work knowing all my business though.
Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread