It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2008, 09:11 AM   #1
(female)

buggygirl HB User
help !!!!

i am having a test done on monday.
my dr is doing a test called hysterosalpingography, what kind of test is this and what can i expect from it. is it painfull and how long does it take?
i just had a vag ultrasound done yesterday and it was very uncomfortable,
and very painfull. my dr never said what they were looking for, but said that it was very important for me to do this.
im really worried and scared can anyone help me.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-21-2008, 10:51 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

shisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB User
Re: help !!!!

A hystrosalpingography is an exam that will check to make sure that you do not have any blockages in your fallopian tubes. It is done in the radiology department and either your doctor or a radiologist with have you lay down on a table in the radiology department with your legs up in stirups (just like you would do in the doctors office). The doctor will then place the speculum inside and then they will place a thin catheter up through your cervix and into your uterus. They then inject some dye into this catheter and then they will take a few pictures to see if the dye all the way through your fallopian tubes.

This test is a little uncomfortable, but is really only takes about 10 minutes from start to finish. Take some over the counter pain medication before the procedure, this might help with the cramping.

Do not panic it really is not all that bad--I had one about 5 years ago, uncomfortable but not real bad. Good luck and I hope this explanation helped.

Last edited by shisslak; 11-21-2008 at 10:53 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread