It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2008, 09:05 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Accutane2X HB User
Urinary Tract Infection

I have had many UTIs over my lifetime, but it's been about 2 yrs since my last. On mOnday I thought I felt one coming on so I went to the doctor for a urine sample. They called Wed and said it came back normal. I am still in pain and have trouble sleeping at night. I am drinking cranberry juice. This morning when I wiped there was a little pink on the toilet paper. I think I have a UTI. What do you guys think? If I go back to the Dr it will be Monday before they get results back again from the lab. I don't know what to do. Thanks.

Old 11-23-2008, 08:53 AM   #2
(female)

diane777 HB User
Re: Urinary Tract Infection

I know two other women who had almost the same scenario. Both were put on antibiotics even though their urine sample seemed ok. One of my friends thinks there must be some kind of new type of bacteria or something that is just not showing up on their tests because when both friends got the antibiotics, they got better.

Coincidentally, I have a cat where the same thing happened. She was peeing on the carpet suddenly. Vet said she didn't have a bladder infection. But I got some antibiotics anyway from someplace else and gave them to her -- end of problem. She went back to using her litter box and feeling good.

Last edited by diane777; 11-23-2008 at 08:54 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-24-2008, 07:53 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Accutane2X HB User
Re: Urinary Tract Infection

Thanks for the reply. I ended up going to my primary doctor and she tested me right in the office on Thursday. You guessed it. It was positive. I am now taking Cipro and feeling MUCH better. I tried to nip it in the bud and it didn't work out that way. Thanks again for the reply.

Closed Thread