It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-24-2008, 09:15 PM   #1
(female)

nice2nou422 HB User
Three weeks and no pap results.

I had a pap done on Nov/3rd. I haven't received any type of information on my pap smear (I do have a yearly pap) so far all of them have been normal. I simply think the Drs office should think enough of a person to send out results. I tried calling the Drs office on Friday to find out the results...but was told by the Drs office they now close at 11:30 am on Fridays...I simply ask if they would check my results......I got a no...you will have to wait.....I'm really angry over this.....why is that some Drs just don't care? Not to mention this GYN ask why my general Dr did not perform the pap?????? This is crazy!

Old 11-25-2008, 08:54 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

shisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB User
Re: Three weeks and no pap results.

When I have my yearly pap, I know that it is going to be about 3-4 weeks before I get my results in the mail. This is just standard office procedure. I believe the results are in the office sooner than that, however, I think that the doctor looks over the report and than most likely puts the folder in the pile for the support staff to send out the standard "all normal, see you in a year letter." Last year my pap was slightly abnormal and I receive a letter two weeks later to schedule an appointment to return in 4 months for a repeat pap. Today is Tuesday, so by all mean call today and inquire if they have receive your results. Speak with the nurse and if they for some reason have not gotten the report back, ask her if it is unusually that a pap report would take longer than 3 weeks to come back. Request that she call the lab to find out if there was a problem. In terms of the gyn doctor asking why your GP did not do the pap, well I guess I would most likely start looking for a new gyn, one who understands that the job of a gyn is to routinely do pap smears.

Lets us know how everything works out.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-25-2008, 06:56 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB User
Re: Three weeks and no pap results.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nice2nou422 View Post
why is that some Drs just don't care? Not to mention this GYN ask why my general Dr did not perform the pap?????? This is crazy!
Hi nice2nou, I don't know that it is that they don't care, I think it is that they haven't gotten to the pile of papers where your report is sitting. Or, it got lost in the shuffle (I hope not). I suggest you call again tomorrow (early) and tell them you want to speak to the office manager or the doctor's nurse. Tell them you would like to know the results before you get into the long weekend.

Hopefully, everything is fine and you will just get that verification.

I always call my doctor's office to request results instead of waiting for them to call me. That way I'm ready for the results (because I called them) AND I usually hear my results earlier than I would if I waited for them.

I hope you get good results! Is there any reason you are anxious about these results?

Closed Thread