It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2008, 10:41 AM   #1
(female)

cindy25 HB User
white discharge & vaginal wetness

I am 26 & experiencing WD too much for last 3 months. I can feel my vagina is wet all the time, too much of white discharge (sometimes too much thick) but it is completely colorless, odorless, no irritation, no itch, no pain. There is absolutely no reason for this, even when I am not at all aroused & nothing of that sort. And when I am aroused, this goes worst...too much of it...once my husband said, "I never knew woman also produces so much of fluids"..that was really embarrassing for me!

Day before yesterday my period ended & yesterday only I got so much of white discharge that made me really irritated & even I had to put a pad. Today morning, when I got up there was a sudden burst of white discharge that at one instance thought came to my mind, "I peed or what?"

I am not on any type of medication, no birth control pills, no STDs...we have been using condoms for so many months.

In spite of this frustrated wet feeling, I am worried for 2 more reasons:
1) 7-8months ago, I had UTI and during that time doctor said I am having a small cyst on an ovary but there is nothing to worry about it. Is it possible that this discharge could be a result of ovarian cyst?

2) My mother (age 52), two years back she was diagnosed with big 4-5 cysts in her uterus, just last month doctors asked her to undergo hysterctomy (removal of uterus) immediately because she had developed many more cysts ranging from 2-6 inches but they all were innocent (no cancerous cells were found).

What could be the reason? Should I see GYNC? Also I never had Pap Smear!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-01-2008, 11:25 AM   #2
(female)

cme10ae HB User
Re: white discharge & vaginal wetness

I had something like that, it was a yeast infection, even though there was no irritation. But, please see a doctor and have a pap done in addition to a yeast check, it's important to have one every year.

Old 12-04-2008, 08:33 AM   #3
(female)

cindy25 HB User

Well I called OB/GYN for appointment but they said, "they can't give any appointment, the schedule is full upto the month of February. Try calling next week..." I can't wait so long...

Does anyone have some kind of suggestions? If I go to pharmacy, will they be able to help me? (I am asking this because if I go there & if they say "no", it's kinda embarrassing).

Old 12-05-2008, 10:12 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

AuntieLeela HB UserAuntieLeela HB UserAuntieLeela HB UserAuntieLeela HB User

It sounds like a typical early-stage yeast infection. Try a "One Day" yeast infection medication, like Vagistat, see if it helps. If it doesn't, call your doctor back and tell them the OTC med didn't work - they probably assumed it's just a yeast infection too.

I doubt it's the ovarian cyst, a very large ovarian cyst might mess with your hormones but you'd have other symptoms along with that. I had a cyst the size of a large orange and it caused only mild hormonal symptoms.

It is the "overproduction of fluid", like you said, usually that's caused by vaginal irritation (even if you can't see/feel it) caused by yeast overgrowth.

PS - you mention condom use, the symptoms didn't coincide with a new style/brand of condom, did it? Irritation could be from an allergic reaction as well.

Last edited by AuntieLeela; 12-05-2008 at 10:32 AM. Reason: Add Post Script

Old 12-05-2008, 02:32 PM   #5
(female)

timetoreclaim HB User

Call another clinic or try a planned parenthood if one is in your area if you can't get an appt there. Don't self treat this with OTC yeast meds if you don't know what it is. You can get real problems self treating that are way worse than a discharge. Get a baseline diagnosis anyway first.

You can also call the clinic back that you have spoken to and ask them to either put you on a list for cancellations, meaning you'll take a cancellation or ask them if you can call them each morning and get an appt if they have had a cancellation.

It could be anything or nothing. I've had times of my life where I was much moister and times I was not. Hormones change and cycles change. It's probably not from a cyst but it's a good idea now to get everything checked out.

Last edited by timetoreclaim; 12-05-2008 at 02:33 PM.

Old 12-08-2008, 09:05 PM   #6
(female)

blackmoon HB User

If you've never had a yeast infection before you need to go to a Dr rather than try treating it on your own.
Pap smears are important! I'd try calling another clinic or call back and explain your situation to them, they may fit you in if they know you are having problems.

Closed Thread