It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2008, 04:39 PM   #1
(female)

Nenita84 HB User
Exclamation Chronic Vaginal Issues.. an advice..

Hello! I just want to share my experience about this, it might help you out.
This has been my worst OBGYN year ever.. im 24 years old.. got steady partner and since i used the pill i decided to not use condoms.. everything was cool like for about three months.. suddenly, i developed vaginal issues.. burning, itching.. you name it , so of course i thought I had a yeast infection ( since i had experienced two episodes years before), run for my OTC medication.. to my surprise.. it didnt work..so i decided to go to my doctor, who said, you must have a yeast infection.. WHAT THE HELL? AGAIN? i was very worried i had diabetes, or AIDS, or whatever! doctor prescribed diflucan and OTC...of couse medication for yeast didnt work at all.. i struggled in silence was desperate.. didnt wanted to have sex anymore and just was cosntantly itching and burning down there.. so i went to a different doctor and DEMANDED him to take a culture.. so he tested me for yeast, gardnerella and trich.. so what happened? i had gardnerella!!!!! took the medication... still i continued to experience sympthoms.. i suffered for another 3 months.. thinking maybe i had yeast.. spent lots of money, did lots of diet against candida..whatever there is i did it.. finally went to the doctor again and explained the whole situation and how frustated and sad i was.. he asked me if i was under lots of stress.. or if i was having troubles in my relationship? i said no, i just KNOW theres something wrong down there... i know my body! he suggested it was all in my mind, he said i had no yeast, that my gardnerella issues were completely over and said okay.. IM GOING TO TEST YOU FOR EVERY STD SO YOU CAN CONVINCE YOURSELF YOU HAVE NOTHING.. this test included everything,. Aids, syph, the clap, chlamydia, yeasties, gardnerella, trich and mycoplasma and ureaplasma.. Since i still had burning and itching i did those exams..you know, to convince myself and go to a shrink.. to my doctor surprise..I WAS POSITIVE FOR UREAPLASMA!!!!!!!JAJAJA, not that is a good thing, but i was so happy to know that i was SOOO RIGHT! I knew!!! i did my research about this .. its sexually transmitted, causes abortions in women and in some it's Asymptomatic, but in like a 40% it does causes Symptoms.. like.. vaginal discharge, burning, itching, pelvic pain.. it's cured with antibiotics..
so? all i wanted to say is that if you know there's something wrong with you , demand exams!!!!!!!!!! doctors always just asume! you have a yeast infection..sometimes even without looking under a microscope.. how come they dont understand that a wrong diagnosis due to lacking of testing can be so frustrating for us women..and lead to depression.. i've heard many women suffering from vaginal issues and misdiagnosis.. it's detrimental, not just for our pockets, but for our mental sanity..
best wishes to all of you suffering, dont hesitate, demand being tested!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-03-2008, 11:14 AM   #2
(female)

wildflowers HB User
Re: Chronic Vaginal Issues.. an advice..

Thank You Nenita, it was very kind of you to give us all of that good information, we women have to stick together. I am happy for you that you finally got diagnosed after all of your own hard work and research, we know when something isn't right within our own body. Take care! Blessings!

Old 03-03-2010, 11:15 PM   #3
(female)

SweetPea143 HB User

Hi!

Thank you for your wisdom! In short, I have been suffering from chronic vaginal itching for 8 months now! Ive tried everything you could possibly imagin like you and nothing helped! Docs guessed it was either yeast or BV but apparently its not cause nothing helped...I've tested neg for everything...HIV, diabetes, ghonerrea, chlym, BV, yeast, trinch! After reading your post i realize theres probably a lot of of things I can be tested for! What should I tell my doctor to treat me for?? I am not sexually active, should I still be tested for all of these stds?? I looked up Ureaplasma and it said that its not only sexually transmitted so maybe I should look into it! Thank you for your post! It gives me hope because at this point I feel so lost! Please get back to me!

Old 03-04-2010, 09:23 PM   #4
(female)

pinkrobot HB User

Hey Nenita, just wanted to say thanks for sharing that...it's always good to see someone with a "success" story, it gives me hope when I feel I have none...

Question for you--I did some research on ureaplasma and it appears to be a bacterial infection...so were you ever tested for bacteria or BV before you tested positive for the ureaplasma? Because what you're describing is almost IDENTICAL to what I've dealt with for 2 years now, but I always show *no* bacteria whatsoever on my vaginal cultures. Also, what antibiotics were you treated with? I've tried 2 different antibiotics that didn't get rid of my symptoms at all, so I'm wondering what one you were given.

Closed Thread