It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-24-2008, 09:17 AM   #1
(female)

a1234567 HB User
dermoid ovarian cyst

hello,

just had an pelvic ultrasound two days ago and was told i either have a dermoid cyst on my right ovary or a non-peristaltic "bowel loop" (not too sure what that is, does anyone know?). they said it is about .5cm. i had abdominal tenderness and bloating for the past week or so and that is why my dr checked this out.
i just had an mri done and the results won't come in until monday because of the holidays and i'm really nervous. anyone experience anything similar?

thanks so much.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-25-2008, 10:08 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

estria HB Userestria HB Userestria HB Userestria HB User
Re: dermoid ovarian cyst

Hello,

I would not worry too much while you are waiting for the results. I do not think that either condition is dangerous. Although it is not life threatening, a dermoid cyst may have to be removed by keyhole surgery and if the bowel loop is non peristaltic I believe that this means that it is not involved in the normal bowel movement contractions of your bowel so you are not at risk for bowel obstruction. Peristalsis is the term given to the contractions that your bowel experiences when you move food through your body. Of course I am not a doctor so hopefully someone else will come along with more experience with bowel loops.

Hang in there until you know more about the situation. I know the waiting is difficult but try to enjoy your holidays in the meantime .. taking your mind off of the ultrasound for a while will do you some good. Obsessing over it is not only useless but also not good for your health (I know this from personal experience).

All the best.

Estria

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-26-2008, 05:23 AM   #3
(female)

a1234567 HB User
Re: dermoid ovarian cyst

thank you

Closed Thread