It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-26-2008, 01:35 PM   #1
(female)

abeautifulash HB User
Exclamation Could I be pregnant? Help!

I've never been pregnant before so I'm just looking for some general guidance from people who have! My period is a few days late and I am starting to worry a bit if I might be pregnant. I'm 22, just got married this last year, went on the pill for a couple months but have been off it for 5 months and just using condoms. Ever since going off the pill, my periods have been very regular... if I started my period the 8th of one month, then the next month I'd start it between the 5-7th. It was easy to predict -- just take the date of last period started, and subtract 1-2, maybe 3, days. It's been like that every month and I haven't gotten pregnant, so this last month my husband and I got maybe a little too confident and a couple times "played around" without a condom beforehand, and then about 5-6 days ago we had sex without a condom because I was SURE my period would start any minute or at least in the next day. (As a side note, we've been having unprotected sex the first day of my period almost every month, and never gotten pregnant, so while I know that's not 100% safe, I've felt it was 99% safe given the regularity of my periods). Obviously, it wasn't smart to have unprotected sex BEFORE my period actually started. But anyway, regardless of whether it might have been the playing around earlier this month, or this escapade we had 5-6 days ago, I think I might POSSIBLY be pregnant because for the first time in a long time, my period is late.

According to my neat little schedule, I started my period last month on the 23rd, which would make it scheduled for the 20-22 of this month. Well now here it is the 26th, and I still haven't started. I did have some very mild cramping this morning before I got up, but then it went away, and I haven't bled any.

To add some more information: A week or two ago, I DID start having all my regular PMS symptoms (which is normal, I get PMS 1-2 weeks before my period and it continues all the way until about the middle of my period each month). You know, feeling emotional, breasts sore and swelling a bit, getting kinda bloated and my face breaks out more easily with acne. But then, a day or two before we had unprotected sex, my PMS symptoms (except for being extra emotional) seemed to start fading away, and now there are NONE except for being extra, extra emotional (I seem to be crying about everything -- what's that about?). My breasts aren't swollen or tender at all, and they are ALWAYS hurting and bigger when I'm about to have my period or are on my period. And I don't feel bloated, and my face is starting to clear up... it's like my body thinks my period already happened. Except for the emotions, which seem to be getting worse.

I took a pregnancy test (Early Pregnancy Test) on the 22nd when I started getting worried, and it was negative. I took another one yesterday, on the 25th, and it was also negative. Both times I took it in the evening, and I know you're supposed to take it in the morning for the best results, but still... it seems like with 2 pregnancy tests I would know for sure. But what if I got pregnant 5-6 days ago? That surely wouldn't show up yet, but it would stop my period, right? I'm just confused. On one hand, I'm pretty sure I'm NOT pregnant and that I'm just way overreacting and worrying over nothing. But on the other hand, my periods have been so regular up to this point, and it's just weird that all my PMS symptoms have faded (save for the emotions) and yet I haven't had a period yet, and that I'm just so darn emotional.

Any opinions, advice, suggestions, help please?? Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-26-2008, 02:46 PM   #2
(female)

abeautifulash HB User
Re: Could I be pregnant? Help!

As a side note, it wouldn't be "bad" if I were pregnant... it would just be very unexpected and unplanned. We have been hoping to wait at least 3-4 years before having children. Just thought I'd throw that in there

Closed Thread